• Start date
  • Views 2,202
E

Endermite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone,

I have recently attempted to RGH 2 my Falcon Xbox 360, which is on the latest dash. I have tried using a Cool Runner Rev C however have had no luck in getting the console to successfully glitch, and have even left it for long periods of time (1 hour +). Below are pictures of my wiring, could anyone point me in the right direction?

NETO0214

NETO0214

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone,

I have recently attempted to RGH 2 my Falcon Xbox 360, which is on the latest dash. I have tried using a Cool Runner Rev C however have had no luck in getting the console to successfully glitch, and have even left it for long periods of time (1 hour +). Below are pictures of my wiring, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Try rgh 1.2 method, boot times will be instant, if u don't then swap the original phat blue wire to the slim blue wire, that seems to help a lot with boot times

E

Endermite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I no longer have enough wire to do an RGH 1.2, is there any other wire which I could use? I have considered using the wire from an ethernet cable, but would that work?

alexhore

alexhore

RGH Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
I no longer have enough wire to do an RGH 1.2, is there any other wire which I could use? I have considered using the wire from an ethernet cable, but would that work?

There are various standards of Ethernet cable and different grades (get what you pay for). While Its not optimal it will work and since its RGH1.2 it should still work much better than RGH2.0

Edit, you should be able to re-use some if you ignore colour coding. Some points (CPU_RST, Post_out) carry time sensitive signals so if possible try to use the original wires where possible for these.
For example you might still be able to use the Post cable for CPU_RST since this is the most important.
Order of inportance:
  1. CPU_RST - Sends a very! short time sensitive reset signal
  2. Post_out - Provides time sensitive system state output
  3. CLK - Clock rate, isent very high and only a short cable
  4. PLL - Used to slow CPU down but plenty of wiggle room on the timing
  5. 3.3V/GND - Chunky is better (Power wires)

Last edited:
E

Endermite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There are various standards of Ethernet cable and different grades (get what you pay for). While Its not optimal it will work and since its RGH1.2 it should still work much better than RGH2.0

Edit, you should be able to re-use some if you ignore colour coding. Some points (CPU_RST, Post_out) carry time sensitive signals so if possible try to use the original wires where possible for these.
For example you might still be able to use the Post cable for CPU_RST since this is the most important.
Order of inportance:
  1. CPU_RST - Sends a very! short time sensitive reset signal
  2. Post_out - Provides time sensitive system state output
  3. CLK - Clock rate, isent very high and only a short cable
  4. PLL - Used to slow CPU down but plenty of wiggle room on the timing
  5. 3.3V/GND - Chunky is better (Power wires)
I just tried RGH 1.2ing the console using the correct wires, however it still wont boot. Could it be that the coolrunner is just crap?

E

Endermite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
alexhore

alexhore

RGH Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
I followed that guide, the coolrunner was flashing but I just unsoldered everything and tried the coolrunner in a console which was already RGH 1.2ed, and it still wouldn't boot.

Post pictures from that one then. I'm sure we can get it working I have never had a duff coolrunner in the 100's I have fitted.

E

Endermite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Post pictures from that one then. I'm sure we can get it working I have never had a duff coolrunner in the 100's I have fitted.
There's no point in posting pictures of it, the second I change it back to the other coolrunner it boots instantly. This one has failed to work in 3 Xboxes.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What timing file do you have on the one that won't boot? 
I suggest you put file 21 from the rgh 1.2 pack matrix folder if you haven't already and put it back in the one that is booting. Also since you had it out did you try the working coolrunner in your new build?

E

Endermite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What timing file do you have on the one that won't boot? 
I suggest you put file 21 from the rgh 1.2 pack matrix folder if you haven't already and put it back in the one that is booting. Also since you had it out did you try the working coolrunner in your new build?
I didn't try the working coolrunner on the new build because it is mounted to the AV port using hot glue, so removing it would be a bit of a pain.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Why don't u try 21 and see if it boots 
Also I would suggest you use the cpu reset under the board next to pll bypass. Do u have some pics of pll bypass. That's often the point people mess up on

Top Bottom
Login
Register