Solved Falcon CoolRunner RevC 1.2 RGH -- Won't Boot

• Thread starter gamers_mod
  • Start date
  • Views 7,301
G

gamers_mod

Reaction score
Sin$
I recently bought $550 in supplies for RGH'ing. Most of it was for a solder iron, little tools such as a dremel, and some bits (for cut-outs).
I used a JR-Programmer but I do have a NAND-X aswell
I read the NAND, got the NAND dumps, compared the dumps, created the ECC, wrote the ECC. I soldered every wire as according to this diagram.
coolrunnerrevcrgh12.jpg
And here's my install. Please ignore it's messiness... It's my FIRST install and its may look like it's touching other points- but that's just the angle, I assure you none of them are touching where they shouldn't be. And the flux is cleaned up -but if you RGH, you understand how much of a nuisance getting in-between the pads on the glitch ship are, etc.

AND THE THING WON'T BOOT! It turns on, cycles through the glitches, and after the third glitch I turn it off (so it doesn't red ring). I've tried using an alternative wire for the CLK point, but that didn't work so I went to the original point, I did all the timing files again... nothing.. It won't boot into Xell. I used Team-Xecuter's JRunner (Drivers took awhile but I got it) to program/read the NAND/Glitch-Chip, I have an X-Tronic 5040 XTS (pictured above under "...Msc") And I've asked numerous console modders and they all say "idk then man that's wierd". Someone please help. I've spent so much time into all this and its beyond expensive and I seriously need to start getting some console's to boot. Please feel free to put useful input in. criticization is okay but being disrespectful, childish, and rude is unnecessary. Please reply :smile:

G

gamers_mod

Reaction score
Sin$
It insta boots into the dash now, but it won't boot xell for nothing. I already have the CPU key and it boots fine, is this an issue?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's how you can repair the PLL point, if you want to get that first console working.
teJnpe5.jpg
AqMTNLu.jpg
bYsQx92.jpg
BBXxr7d.jpg
5m3Pz58.jpg
oxE94dR.jpg
77EOxta.jpg
iO4PJ3E.jpg

G

gamers_mod

Reaction score
Sin$
G

gamers_mod

Reaction score
Sin$
It is a good tool to have although it seems unusual that you cant boot xell thats why I want you to test xex menu
XexMenu runs fine, so does dash launch. I'm even on Mr.Modz live rn. My only problem is it doesn't boot xell and the disk tray doesn't extract disk. They're both not needed, but I can't find the extracted files online. Update: got it

Last edited:
B

boortok

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Will have a go at this "repair the PLL point " as I kinda mucked up pll point, once I have soldered a wire from resistor to new point, do I then run a wire from that point to pll point on coolrunner rev c ?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
use the resistor side to provide pll to your chip.you don't want to try to solder 2 wires to the tiny little via

Top Bottom
Login
Register