What's new

Solved Falcon "Cannot detect Flash Controller"

G

gcj72

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I have a falcon Jtagable. (7371) (no refurb date). and I had all of my wires "Perfect" and they were solid copper wires. I have no doubt they were soldered to the best i could. the only one i had a problem with was the ground wire which is a pain in the ***. I brought it to my computer and plugged in my Taio USB spi interface and plugged in the powersupply into the xbox. then I plugged all my wires into the USB SPI interface. I tried to read the nand and it said "Cannot detect flash controller".

Please help me. I have never experienced this before and IDK why this is happening. + rep to anyone who helps solve this. And thanks alot to everyone who does.

96z28dude

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I have a falcon Jtagable. (7371) (no refurb date). and I had all of my wires "Perfect" and they were solid copper wires. I have no doubt they were soldered to the best i could. the only one i had a problem with was the ground wire which is a pain in the ***. I brought it to my computer and plugged in my Taio USB spi interface and plugged in the powersupply into the xbox. then I plugged all my wires into the USB SPI interface. I tried to read the nand and it said "Cannot detect flash controller".

Please help me. I have never experienced this before and IDK why this is happening. + rep to anyone who helps solve this. And thanks alot to everyone who does.
Make sure that all of your soldering is soldered good very nice and clean connections. Second make sure your powerbrick is plugged in to a receptacle and make sure xbox is hooked up to that cord. Third make sure you dont turn your box on lol I had this same prob with my USB SPI and I ended up messing up the point DB1F1 and then my box wouldnt turn on so I ended up ordering a JTAG off of iOffer.com but also make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your SPI because if you dont I bet thats the main problem

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Is your printer cable long, that happened to me the first time I did it, and it made it so I couldn't detect the flash controller

G

gcj72

Reaction score
Sin$
My wires are roughy 8 inches long. i'm using it on a xenon now and it's working perfect. same setup and everything. someone told me maybe cold solder but idk. How would you fix that? also could it be that my ground point wasn't soldered well? or that i soldered the points to the bottom of the board instead of the top part(because the top holes got a bit messed up lol.)

Top Bottom
Login
Register