What's new

Solved Falcon AUD_CLAMP Jtag Issues

H

Heoki

Reaction score
This is the third xbox I am jtagging, but the two I jtag'd before this were both Xenons and were done using diodes.

I am attempting to Jtag a Falcon and I am having a bit of trouble getting it to boot. I setup the connections using boXXDr's method. I had a bit of trouble with the DB1F1 alternate point. I soldered the wire to the point and gave it a little bit of a tug to check the connection and it pulled the tinned part of the point off, but after heating it up a bit it seemed to go back into place.

I had originally just used the Falcon free60 image from "the usual places", but I was getting an e79 error. I know I needed a patched SMC for aud_clamp and I thought maybe that one would have already had the patch. I noticed that the guide I was using had recommended files so I used the pre-patched file from this guide to flash with XeLLous. The file I downloaded is here. This time I didn't get e79 but only the middle green light was on and eventually the box would give three red lights with an error code of 0022 (gpu/cpu overheat) which it didn't do with the stock nand (I'll have to flash it back to double check and make sure this didn't RROD on me when I get home).

If I leave the Xbox unplugged for a while and try to start it, it will start with 3 green lights and the middle green power light on, which seems like a bad flash issue, but I'm not sure. I am hoping someone with a bit more insight can tell if the image I use was not patched properly for the aud_clamp method and possibly point me in the right direction. I'd prefer a pre-patched image, but I'll make my own if I have to. Also, any recommendations on how I can test the jtag points would be helpful. I can take pictures when I get home.

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
This is the third xbox I am jtagging, but the two I jtag'd before this were both Xenons and were done using diodes.

I am attempting to Jtag a Falcon and I am having a bit of trouble getting it to boot. I setup the connections using boXXDr's method. I had a bit of trouble with the DB1F1 alternate point. I soldered the wire to the point and gave it a little bit of a tug to check the connection and it pulled the tinned part of the point off, but after heating it up a bit it seemed to go back into place.

I had originally just used the Falcon free60 image from "the usual places", but I was getting an e79 error. I know I needed a patched SMC for aud_clamp and I thought maybe that one would have already had the patch. I noticed that the guide I was using had recommended files so I used the pre-patched file from this guide to flash with XeLLous. The file I downloaded is here. This time I didn't get e79 but only the middle green light was on and eventually the box would give three red lights with an error code of 0022 (gpu/cpu overheat) which it didn't do with the stock nand (I'll have to flash it back to double check and make sure this didn't RROD on me when I get home).

If I leave the Xbox unplugged for a while and try to start it, it will start with 3 green lights and the middle green power light on, which seems like a bad flash issue, but I'm not sure. I am hoping someone with a bit more insight can tell if the image I use was not patched properly for the aud_clamp method and possibly point me in the right direction. I'd prefer a pre-patched image, but I'll make my own if I have to. Also, any recommendations on how I can test the jtag points would be helpful. I can take pictures when I get home.

I'm pretty sure when you use Boxxdr's method you need to patch your SMC even more specifically. You can do the aud_clamp with normal diodes just like the standard hack though. That's how I fixed my JTAG E79'ing all the time.

Also as a note on that, if you need to do the aud_clamp that is usually when your console E79's a lot so the problem your having (3 green lights) might be different, or it's doing that because you didn't patch the SMC right.

H

Heoki

Reaction score
I was able to get all my issues resolved, I had gotten xellous to boot and I got my CPU key and DVD key etc.

I use Easy Freeboot 5.12 to create a 9199 freeboot image and flash that to my box. It works and I get to the dash and I can load XeXmenu. I try to create a 12511 freeboot image and my xbox will boot the intro and as soon as it gets to all 4 green lights being lit it go to a single red light with an e79 error (Code:1033). If I try to create a 12526 freeboot image my xbox does not boot at all and instead I get alternating red/green lights.

I can even recreate the 9199 image and flash it and it will work again, no problem. Nothing in my process changes from start to finish except I choose different dash version to use the donor files. Any idea what I can do?

-edit-
I figured it out. Apparently Easy Freeboot was having some kind of issue putting my keyvault in when I choose a higher dash version. I used nandpro to inject my keyvault after it made the image and it works now.

S

slimwadey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to get all my issues resolved, I had gotten xellous to boot and I got my CPU key and DVD key etc.

I use Easy Freeboot 5.12 to create a 9199 freeboot image and flash that to my box. It works and I get to the dash and I can load XeXmenu. I try to create a 12511 freeboot image and my xbox will boot the intro and as soon as it gets to all 4 green lights being lit it go to a single red light with an e79 error (Code:1033). If I try to create a 12526 freeboot image my xbox does not boot at all and instead I get alternating red/green lights.

I can even recreate the 9199 image and flash it and it will work again, no problem. Nothing in my process changes from start to finish except I choose different dash version to use the donor files. Any idea what I can do?

-edit-
I figured it out. Apparently Easy Freeboot was having some kind of issue putting my keyvault in when I choose a higher dash version. I used nandpro to inject my keyvault after it made the image and it works now.

I had this same issue with the boxddr method , every other rebooter would not work even with patched SMC, i ended up doing exactly what you did and it worked

The boxddr method rocks, my Falcon is as smooth as silk and has no issues, runs fast and starts with no issues.. god HDMI too

Slim

T

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
I had this same issue with the boxddr method , every other rebooter would not work even with patched SMC, i ended up doing exactly what you did and it worked

The boxddr method rocks, my Falcon is as smooth as silk and has no issues, runs fast and starts with no issues.. god HDMI too

Slim
Hello b*tch, where you been hiding? :wink:

gave it a little bit of a tug to check the connection and it pulled the tinned part of the point off,
Never tug at the points on Falcons, they are much more brittle. Once its soldered, glue it in place.
Xenons however, you can drag round the room by the points :tongue: They are sturdy as f*ck.

S

slimwadey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello b*tch, where you been hiding? :wink:

Never tug at the points on Falcons, they are much more brittle. Once its soldered, glue it in place.
Xenons however, you can drag round the room by the points :tongue: They are sturdy as f*ck.

Hi b**** !!
I been doin not much, building my latest Nitro R/C car .. and figuring if i should buy a reball station... but the cashflow said no (the mrs)

Slim

PS i thought you had retired

R

RJP101

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-edit-
I have the same issue? please could you help me inject the kv by using nandpro?? can i do this into the image then flash??

Top Bottom