What's new

Solved Falcon 16D2S Play DVD

R

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says the console came with a dicky DVD drive.
RGH 1.2 Matrix v3 timing file 12_21 instaboot luuuuuuuuvly :wink:
The hard work done so i thought....
When a retail 360 disc is inserted it tries to read and comes up with play DVD after 30 seconds or so, when a DVD is inserted it comes up with open tray almost immediately.
Things i have tried to fix the dvd drive:
Pot tweak - The pot was quite high 5+ lowered in small increments but did not go lower than 3.5
Changed sata and power cables
Read the F/W using probe 3 method Jungleflasher
Compared DVDkey with that in the KV info created by Jrunner - Its a match
Flashed a known working 16D2S with the dummy.bin/DVDkey from the original drive and still the same problem.
There is no trace damage around the power/sata connections top or bottom side of the motherboard any ideas would be amazing as its given me a headache :yuck:

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
As the title says the console came with a dicky DVD drive.
RGH 1.2 Matrix v3 timing file 12_21 instaboot luuuuuuuuvly :wink:
The hard work done so i thought....
When a retail 360 disc is inserted it tries to read and comes up with play DVD after 30 seconds or so, when a DVD is inserted it comes up with open tray almost immediately.
Things i have tried to fix the dvd drive:
Pot tweak - The pot was quite high 5+ lowered in small increments but did not go lower than 3.5
Changed sata and power cables
Read the F/W using probe 3 method Jungleflasher
Compared DVDkey with that in the KV info created by Jrunner - Its a match
Flashed a known working 16D2S with the dummy.bin/DVDkey from the original drive and still the same problem.
There is no trace damage around the power/sata connections top or bottom side of the motherboard any ideas would be amazing as its given me a headache :yuck:
Sounds Like You Need A New Laser Lens.

R

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds Like You Need A New Laser Lens.

I have tried another drive that is known to work in the console as stated in my post. I am certain this is not a laser issue.

R

Rpidemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody got any insight on this please not sure if this is related to the RGH as it was not working prior to me installing the glitcher and no previous repair attempt had been made on the console as it still had the M$ seal intact.

Top Bottom