What's new

Question Fake x360ace v3 with xenon help needed as boots XELL in ~20 minutes, but never into freeboot

A

anti1977

Reaction score
Sin$
I have the "better" version of Xenon with improved heatsink and blue solid state capacitors instead of the yellow ones, which I try to RGH for the past 5 months without luck.

Got a fake x360ACE v3 (I know it's fake because the seller admitted it) installed on it, which seems to work. At least it's a V3 as I kept receiving V5's...

Following the guide from Metal I got the CPU key after flashing his XENON.ecc (with nandpro as I'm using LPT) taking 20minutes to glitch, but no freeboot generated from AutoGG or XEBUILD GUI for dash 17559 will ever boot. Two short and one long green blink is all I got from the x360ace with the dynamic or any other timing file (even @15432's improved timings for fakes) , the only exception is the 746 timing which is giving sometime two short and two longs. Stock works even without removing the x360ace.

Tried re-routing wires, adding 10k resistor to the CPU_RST too, no change.

What should I try next? How can i know if my fake chip XTAL at 150mHz is bogus and if I replace it will make it work? Is there a place to buy a non-fake x360ace v3 nowadays?

R

ronsonol

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think I have also been sold the fake Ace v3, as there is no security verification code on the bottom as I have seen with other Ace chips.
I don't understand much about timing files, or how they are created.
I've also never done a Xenon, but I recently did a Zephyr. I could not get it to boot using the timing files I was trying.
I wasn't waiting 20 minutes like you did, but I tried them all and many attempts up to 30 seconds at least.

It turns out, the timing files I was trying may be written @300Mhz and while this must work fine on genuine chips, it did not on my chip.
These fake ones must have a crappy clock, and it was only when I found a pack for 150Mhz did I find one that allowed reasonable boot times e.g. 10-30 secs.
I don't know how @15432's files are written, but if they are for 300 and not 150 that might explain as I saw a similar issue.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Xenon RGH is really a hit and miss to be honest guys.
Even with the "Genuine" Ace v3 glitch chips.I have attempted 10 Xenon RGH installs so far (all using a genuine Ace v3 chip) and have only ever managed to get 3 of them to successfully glitch into Xell and the dashboard.This is both versions of the Xenon motherboards (the version with yellow caps and the version with the silver and blue caps).

Top Bottom
Login
Register