What's new

Solved Failed to write?

G

g 6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since I did the flaming helmet mod I get the "failed to write" message to pop up whenever I unlock an online achievement. I stopped using the flaming helmet a while ago (got heart attack) and haven't signed into the llamita profile in at least a week. Also when the game says achievement unlocked and I go to look at it a message pops up saying "Your played games will appear here." and it shows I have 0 gamerscore. When I sign out and sign back in my gamerscore is restored but it says I never unlocked the achievement I just got.

I would recover my profile but I heard someone say if you do you lose your credits. Anyone know if this is true and if so what should I do?

R

renegade770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you wouldnt lose your credits if you restored. as long as you have been online, they would have saved/updated. im almost positive of this, and ive never heard of anyone else losing them.

G

g 6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you wouldnt lose your credits if you restored. as long as you have been online, they would have saved/updated. im almost positive of this, and ive never heard of anyone else losing them.
Alright i'll try recovering then (I think thats what you meant), anyone ever had this problem?

R

renegade770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, thats what i meant. sorry. ive recovered my account before, and i never noticed that i lost anything. so i would say its pretty safe

T

Tin Can

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright i'll try recovering then (I think thats what you meant), anyone ever had this problem?
Adding on to what renegade770 mentioned, the cR system that was developed for Halo: Reach is currency that can be saved offline/online.

*Offline: There isn't really much of anything since it's only updated locally, but on the other hand -

*Online: cR earned offline/online will always be saved and updated, whether you've earned a massive amount of cR, just to say, before going online. If there were to be a dramatic change in cR currency, for example, within a small amount of time as you sign in online, a "system read" will catch on to it, which then may lead to some consequences. Player information is critical to Bungie, and so I imagine they have a way to finding the naughty ones in that sense.

Though this being said is on another topic... if you've earned any cR in the time that you've played online, and are recovering to another/previous Xbox 360, that data will not be lost (referring to ranks/cR of Halo: Reach), it's saved to your profile.

Top Bottom