• Views 60,245
Status
Not open for further replies.
JWR1985

JWR1985

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So without thinking about it, I saved and quit on my main character with a couple hybrid guns in my inventory. I knew it was going to delete them and I was fine with that. But now, when i go to open said save file in Gibbed, its giving me this message saying "Failed to load save; Reencode mismatch" and it's not opening my save. Has anyone else had this issue, or is this something I should have known about prior to modding? Also if this is a known issue, does anyone know how to reverse this so i can get back to modding my main game?

Thank you in advance.

James

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
MotM TotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
This is new, because of the update that came today. In order to continue modding your main game. To fix this issue, you will need to first clear your system's cache. Then start up your game that you want to continue to mod and decline the update. Then while you're in the offline mode, save your game. And that should fix it. Unfortunately you might have to do this everytime

Upvote 0
JWR1985

JWR1985

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I just realized there was a new revision and downloaded it, my save opened as it should normally. But thank you very much for your prompt info. :smile:

Upvote 0
jadineamber

jadineamber

Reaction score
Sin$
is there going to be an update for the gibbed save editor to fix this issue?

Upvote 0
blakwidowstang

blakwidowstang

Borderlands 2 MacGyver
Modder Tutorial Creator Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
same issue but now it says UNsupported version
Make sure you select your platform via the drop down menu(bottom right corner) in the open dialogue box whether it be xbox/pc/ps3. By default it is now PC so if you're editing a different save you must change it.

Upvote 0
dagowv

dagowv

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having the same issue although I have a fresh level 50 mecromancer that I've been playing and just now wanted to load it to tinker with it. I am getting the reencode error on the R81 and the unsupported file error on the R142. I deleted my system cashe, opened the game with the mecro, saved and quit. Still getting the errors.

I am not sure of the "platform". There isn't any drop down menu that I can see in the BL2 Save Editor. I am able to just click open and then the game save file on any other game saves that I have but not this one.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
There should be a drop down box in the bottom left corner of the save editor after you select the .sav file. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Upvote 0
blakwidowstang

blakwidowstang

Borderlands 2 MacGyver
Modder Tutorial Creator Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having the same issue although I have a fresh level 50 mecromancer that I've been playing and just now wanted to load it to tinker with it. I am getting the reencode error on the R81 and the unsupported file error on the R142. I deleted my system cashe, opened the game with the mecro, saved and quit. Still getting the errors.

I am not sure of the "platform". There isn't any drop down menu that I can see in the BL2 Save Editor. I am able to just click open and then the game save file on any other game saves that I have but not this one.

Any ideas?
When you click open in the save editor there is a drop down box in the botton right corner that gives you the option of either xbox/pc/ps3 <--choose your platform

Make sure you're using the newest revision of the save editor (142). Older versions with give the reencode mismatch for saves after the newest update.

Here is a link to M4YON 's thread with pictures that was posted for this exact purpose. Here . This was posted on the front page in the support section.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dagowv

dagowv

Reaction score
Sin$
THANKS blak!!! I didn't know where that drop down box was. I was looking for it BEFORE i clicked open. All is fine now

Upvote 0
jadineamber

jadineamber

Reaction score
Sin$
ok yah i got it now. wasnt looking for the drop box in the correct spot...... Now that i got it all fixed, i cannot mod my backpack...lame.................................

Upvote 0
M

MoTioNz RYU

Reaction score
Sin$
mad thanks message me if any 1 know how to increase max bank slots i have b4 but now have none left what is the max number ???

Upvote 0
Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
ok yah i got it now. wasnt looking for the drop box in the correct spot...... Now that i got it all fixed, i cannot mod my backpack...lame.................................
Just keep adding things into your backpack. You can go over the limit that way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register