Failed to Authorize disc.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Mikilox, May 11, 2014 with 18 replies and 5,710 views.

1. Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey there, im using a flashed xbox running LT3.0+ and i just burned Call of Duty Ghosts. I get failed to authorize disc after a little bit of use. I am using Memorex DVD R DL

2. Nou

Nou Sarcastic Scotsman #2

Ratings:
    If you have it installed to your hard drive then try uninstalling, also maybe try deleting the TU and redownloading it.

And are you using a region free, PAL or NTSC version of the game (to check you can run it through ABGX and it'll say what the game region is)

It could also be a bad burn.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was using Region Free. Turned out that i needed to uninstall. As soon as i uninstalled, worked perfectly. I have a question, I have a Forza 4 burn loaded up with Project Underground 3. I get Failed to Authorize and if i download the burn to hard drive will it still be modded?

4. Nou

Ratings:
    Yes, games from the hard drive take priority over the disc. Installing mods and using a retail disc would make it modded.

5. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright, thanks, gonna download to hard drive and use retail disc as i have a retail forza 4 disc aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nou

Ratings:
    You might still get the unauthorised error, not too sure.

7. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I let you know once im done

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I download the game up to 72% and then it says its either scratched or damaged

9. Nou

Ratings:
    You might be having bad burns then, are you using an iHas Burner?

10. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No. Just ImgBurn

11. Nou

Ratings:
    No, is your dvd drive an iHas Burner?

12. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nope

13. Pineapples

Pineapples The One With The Weed | #Lifetime <3

Ratings:
    I always thought the "failed to authorize disk" Was just from not patching it through ABGX, I get the error sometimes on my BO2 disk, But only when i dont move the controller for a solid 3-5 minutes. I would reccomend Re-patching the ISO, then trying to burn again, if you still have the issue. The ISO you downloaded might be your issue.

14. Nou

Ratings:
    I never patched my stuff with ABGX and my xkey games worked fine :o

15. Bear

Bear Member

Ratings:
    Without an iHas or a Sony Optiarc, you will continue to get bad burns.

Well you should. ABGX stealth patches the games so you don't caught.

16. DoPeWAFFL3

DoPeWAFFL3 Chillstep

Ratings:
    You did not use a iHas drive to burn your game. You will have to use a iHas 124 or 524 (B) <---This is important, this is the chipset. The game will otherwise not burn correctly. If you have time, try a tool called burnermax.

The problem you have is the game is 8.7GB, but the disk is 8.5. The iHas B chipset drives open the rest of the space up on the disk for you to write the extra padding too.

17. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Then how come every other game works fine

18. DoPeWAFFL3

DoPeWAFFL3 Chillstep

Ratings:
    You are probably used to burning XGD2 games, with less security and exactly 8.5gb of data on them, so you dont need a special drive. XGD3 is different however, and you need a correct burner. Anyone who is familiar with xbox 360 backups will tell you this, and I woundnt tell you this if I diddnt know what I was talking about, I mean its already free support.

Here is a list of XGD3 games: http://thegamescene.com/d/category/xgd3-game-download/

Here is the video I made helping you understand everything.
    Go to about 8 minutes in.

19. OP
    Mikilox

Mikilox Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah but i burned GTA V, no error like this, also is Forza 4 a XGD2 game? I also burned Just Cause 2, Minecraft and more, only CoD had this error when i downloaded it to HDD but when i played it off the disc the error did not appear at all... The Forza 4 error only comes when im in the menus doing something or waiting and when i go into a race then it just lets me play, no error unless im in the menus. It is so weird and i dont know what to do exactly to fix this....