Failed Firmware Flash.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Ice Monster, Dec 1, 2008 with 10 replies and 361 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Monster

Ice Monster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Basically, we flashed our Xbox 360 with a Samsung Toshiba MS28 drive using IXtreme 1.4 Firmware. We burnt off a game (Mirrors Edge) using the Xbox Hack Pack.

We also tied an elastic band on the railing that the laser runs along to prevent it reading the center of the disk (To check if its an xbox disk or not)

But unfortunately when we put in the copied Mirrors Edge disk in the Xbox it constantly gives the error "Play DVD" then "This is not an Xbox 360 Game etc.."

It plays most normal games first time, other games that arent copies it sometimes gives the same error but eventually plays the disk if you open and close the tray repeatedly to make sure it re-reads the disk.

It'd be good if i can get feedback from anyone that has experienced this problem before and if anyone knows what exactly the problem is.

I think it might well be a ****ty old disk drive that needs replacing or may of Flashed the firmware slightly wrong.

Anyways thanks in advance.

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
  3. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    Take the rubber band off....

4. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    WOW. My eyes totally skipped over that. EPIC EPIC LULZ.

5. OP
    Ice Monster

Ice Monster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sorry about the wrong section.

Taking the rubber band off gives the "Open Tray" error when i put in a copied game and doesnt effect actual games.

The "Play DVD" error used to occur all the time with a real copy of fallout 3 til i cleaned the laser too.

6. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    Ha Ha wow Ven. If that solves their problem they got to feel pretty stupid lol. It's ok dude we all have been there.

7. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    if it doesnt play any backups, and it plays retail games fine, Im going to guess that one of these will be your solution:

Reflash, you didnt flash it

Get dual layer DVDs

Make sure your DVD burner burns Dual layer

Make sure you have the right layer break

One of those will fix it, I almost guarantee it... and take the freaking rubber band off

8. OP
    Ice Monster

Ice Monster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You'd be suprised that the elastic band does anything haha.

Yeah its definately already on Dual layered DVDs burnt with a Dual Layered burner.

The layer break could easily be it or the firmware not being flashed properly.

9. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    Usually its not the fact that you didn't flash correctly, try using a slower speed like x5, I found that x8 is where I like it the most.

10. OP
    Ice Monster

Ice Monster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Currently at x8, im going to lower it to x5 tonight though, should help it read more.

11. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Hell, you need to do a pot tweak on the laser if you get the same errors with real games. The flash is fine, the speed is fine. Its the laser, i guarantee it 100%, also leave the rubber band on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.