What's new

Solved Extreme JR Programmer v2 Driver Issues

D

DonkeyPunchareli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, I have scoured every tutorial on this site that I could find in hopes of not having to post, but my efforts have been in vain. My issue is that I have to reinstall the JR Programmer v2 drivers on Windows 10, but can't get them to install this time around for some reason. I always receive the message of "Driver is not intended for this platform". Here is a brief rundown of what I have tried thus far:

- Disabled Driver enforcement through advanced start up options
- Changed/Disabled UAC
- Ran the BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON Through Elevated powershell/CMD prompts
- Attempted to install legacy hardware via Device Manager
- Attempted using different JR Programmer for all of the above steps (I have two of them)

I'm really at a loss on this one as I'm no stranger to installing the Drivers - I've successfully installed them on this exact PC in the past without any Issues. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm about to put my damn modding rig through the wall. Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. Thanks in advance for any responses

X1337XSNIP3R

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The drivers should be in the jrunner/common/drivers

Click the read me text and you should see how to install them.

D

DonkeyPunchareli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The drivers should be in the jrunner/common/drivers

Click the read me text and you should see how to install them.

Yes, They are. I know full well where they are located and how the installation is supposed to go. As I had stated in the original post, I have done it before - on this same PC no less - Now it continuously throws the "Driver is not intended for this platform". And honestly, of course i read the user guide (which is all that comes with the J-Runner files). The only mention of the drivers is as follows: "In addition you should already have installed your drivers for Nand-X / JR-Programmer and have it connected to both your motherboard and CoolRunner(if doing Glitch Hack)". So as you can imagine, not very helpful.

Again, I have read all of the other posts in reference to this error, and I'm no fool - I wouldn't be reaching out on this forum unless I had exhausted the information I could find on my own without it working.

X1337XSNIP3R

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, They are. I know full well where they are located and how the installation is supposed to go. As I had stated in the original post, I have done it before - on this same PC no less - Now it continuously throws the "Driver is not intended for this platform". And honestly, of course i read the user guide (which is all that comes with the J-Runner files). The only mention of the drivers is as follows: "In addition you should already have installed your drivers for Nand-X / JR-Programmer and have it connected to both your motherboard and CoolRunner(if doing Glitch Hack)". So as you can imagine, not very helpful.

Again, I have read all of the other posts in reference to this error, and I'm no fool - I wouldn't be reaching out on this forum unless I had exhausted the information I could find on my own without it working.
I just throwing things out there to help you. I have a nand x but i didnt have a problem installing the drivers. Im on windowns 10 pro. I actually used a installer. Btw im not saying your a idiot or anything dont get me wrong. Im just trying to help

D

DonkeyPunchareli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just throwing things out there to help you. I have a nand x but i didnt have a problem installing the drivers. Im on windowns 10 pro. I actually used a installer. Btw im not saying your a idiot or anything dont get me wrong. Im just trying to help

That's fine, and I appreciate it. I'm just ready to put this damn PC through a wall. Sorry if I seemed short in my response

D

DonkeyPunchareli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it showing anything in your devices tab?

It was, with the exclamation point next to it stating that there was an issue - I finally fixed it though.

After working on this BS for hours, I decided to root around in my system files and manually delete the old files that were in there. If nothing else, I really hope that this helps people in the future if they come across this post. In order to flush the old/non working files that throw that "Driver is not intended for this platform" error, delete the following files:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\PTLIBUSB0.SYS
C:\Windows\System32\PTLIBUSB0.DLL
C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\PTLIBUSB0.DLL

After that, If you haven't done the BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON from PowerShell or bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS from CMD (you need to have admin privileges for both) - either do one of those or Advanced Options restart the PC, F7 on reboot to disable driver signature enforcement, Plug the JR Programmer back in, Device Manager, Right click, Update Driver, Navigate to the J-Runner\common (check Include subfolders), and then Next. Installed them in less than a second, and I have my Nand ripping abilities back.

It's 4am, I'm going to bed. Thanks for trying to help me brainstorm X1337XSNIP3R - I appreciate it

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, I have scoured every tutorial on this site that I could find in hopes of not having to post, but my efforts have been in vain. My issue is that I have to reinstall the JR Programmer v2 drivers on Windows 10, but can't get them to install this time around for some reason. I always receive the message of "Driver is not intended for this platform". Here is a brief rundown of what I have tried thus far:

- Disabled Driver enforcement through advanced start up options
- Changed/Disabled UAC
- Ran the BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON Through Elevated powershell/CMD prompts
- Attempted to install legacy hardware via Device Manager
- Attempted using different JR Programmer for all of the above steps (I have two of them)

I'm really at a loss on this one as I'm no stranger to installing the Drivers - I've successfully installed them on this exact PC in the past without any Issues. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm about to put my damn modding rig through the wall. Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. Thanks in advance for any responses

Try running a Windows XP VM in VirtualBox and seeing if they install in there.

If they don't, that would lead me to ask:
  1. Did you just get the JR Programmer?
  2. Did you get it from a reputable seller?
Maybe it's a fake/DoA.

But, I don't know the full story yet, so I'll await your reply.

D

DonkeyPunchareli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try running a Windows XP VM in VirtualBox and seeing if they install in there.

If they don't, that would lead me to ask:
  1. Did you just get the JR Programmer?
  2. Did you get it from a reputable seller?
Maybe it's a fake/DoA.

But, I don't know the full story yet, so I'll await your reply.

I resolved the issue and documented steps taken to do so - See the post directly above your first. Thanks anyway for the attempt.

LordVirusXeX

LordVirusXeX

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It was, with the exclamation point next to it stating that there was an issue - I finally fixed it though.

After working on this BS for hours, I decided to root around in my system files and manually delete the old files that were in there. If nothing else, I really hope that this helps people in the future if they come across this post. In order to flush the old/non working files that throw that "Driver is not intended for this platform" error, delete the following files:

After that, If you haven't done the BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON from PowerShell or bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS from CMD (you need to have admin privileges for both) - either do one of those or Advanced Options restart the PC, F7 on reboot to disable driver signature enforcement, Plug the JR Programmer back in, Device Manager, Right click, Update Driver, Navigate to the J-Runner\common (check Include subfolders), and then Next. Installed them in less than a second, and I have my Nand ripping abilities back.

It's 4am, I'm going to bed. Thanks for trying to help me brainstorm X1337XSNIP3R - I appreciate it
This 100% worked for me as well. Thank you for the comment!

G

gmiller01

Reaction score
Sin$

Thank you, that solved my case too :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register