What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Extracting DVD Key on a RGH1.2 Falcon

• Thread starter Un_ixi_an
  • Start date
  • Views 562
U

Un_ixi_an

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I did my own RGH1.2 Falcon a bit ago and it runs perfectly. Issue is, when I bought this console non-modded I never bothered to check if the DVD drive actually works as intended. After going through the entire process of modding it, I found out that it seems like the person I got it from for some reason swapped out the drive? The drive is not married, and any game disk I put into it results in games being read as DVDs. I really don't want to go out of my way to purchase some $100 tool to read the DVD key from the drive so I can patch my keyvault to take the correct DVD key. so is there any easy way to do this that doesn't require me dropping a ton of cash?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Fire up "Xell" by pressing your consoles "Eject" button". It'll throw up a load of info for you and in that info is your Falcon motherboards "DVD Key" info. Write your DVD Key down on a sheet of paper, as your going to need it when you come to run the JungleFlasher software.
Your still going to need (if you've not already got the tools required) a way to put your DVD Key and either "Stock" or "Modded" DVD drive firmware onto that DVD drive's PCB board.
Tools needed are as follows.
1x TX CK3 Probe 3
2x TX CK3 Mini
3x TX x360usb Pro v2
Software your going to need is JungleFlasher (Just download for free) and your going to need the "Firmware" (Stock or modded, it's your choice which to choose of course) needed for your current DVD drive that's inside your Xbox360. Just download and run "AutoXbins" ( you'll might have to turn off your anti virus or Windows Defender in order to use AutoXbins though) don't worry it's a faulse virus flag that prevents it from running if you don't turn off your anti virus software or Windows Defender.
Then head over to Youtube and look for the video tuturial on how you flash the modded files you've downloaded onto your DVD drive. Within the JungleFlasher software is the instructions. It will show you how you'll type in and enter your DVD Key when your running the software.
Honestly it's quite straight forward as long as you read through the JungleFlasher PDF instructions.

U

Un_ixi_an

Reaction score
Sin$
Fire up "Xell" by pressing your consoles "Eject" button". It'll throw up a load of info for you and in that info is your Falcon motherboards "DVD Key" info. Write your DVD Key down on a sheet of paper, as your going to need it when you come to run the JungleFlasher software.
Your still going to need (if you've not already got the tools required) a way to put your DVD Key and either "Stock" or "Modded" DVD drive firmware onto that DVD drive's PCB board.
Tools needed are as follows.
1x TX CK3 Probe 3
2x TX CK3 Mini
3x TX x360usb Pro v2
Software your going to need is JungleFlasher (Just download for free) and your going to need the "Firmware" (Stock or modded, it's your choice which to choose of course) needed for your current DVD drive that's inside your Xbox360. Just download and run "AutoXbins" ( you'll might have to turn off your anti virus or Windows Defender in order to use AutoXbins though) don't worry it's a faulse virus flag that prevents it from running if you don't turn off your anti virus software or Windows Defender.
Then head over to Youtube and look for the video tuturial on how you flash the modded files you've downloaded onto your DVD drive. Within the JungleFlasher software is the instructions. It will show you how you'll type in and enter your DVD Key when your running the software.
Honestly it's quite straight forward as long as you read through the JungleFlasher PDF instructions.

As I said in my post, tools like the x360usb Pro v2 usually run up about $80-$100 on ebay and the probes also being somewhat costly. The DVD Key that is stored in my keyvault is incorrect as I don't have the original drive, that's why I'm asking if there is any simple way to get the DVD key out of the drive I have currently installed without having to drop over $150.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As I said in my post, tools like the x360usb Pro v2 usually run up about $80-$100 on ebay and the probes also being somewhat costly. The DVD Key that is stored in my keyvault is incorrect as I don't have the original drive, that's why I'm asking if there is any simple way to get the DVD key out of the drive I have currently installed without having to drop over $150.
You need to get the DVD Key from the Falcon motherboard. That's the key details that you'll then need to flash onto your non married DVD drive's IC chip so the DVD drive becomes married/matched to the motherboard.
If you boot your console to Xell (using the consoles Eject button) you'll see a load of information come up on the screen. In that information is your "Motherboards" DVD Key. That is the key that is unique to your Falcon motherboard, your Falcon's unique "DVD Key" is also console specific to each individual Xbox 360. NON 2 Xbox 360 consoles will have exact same matching DVD Key or CPU key details.
Your still going to need to buy/purchase the hardware tools required to flash your Falcon's motherboard DVD key to that non matched DVD drive. Period.

Top Bottom
Login
Register