SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
0N4iqnZ.png

This short tutorial will cover the basics of the Xbox One's Game DVR, how to utilize the basics of UPLOAD Studio, and how to access your Skydrive and extract clips from it.

The Xbox One comes with innate game recording capabilities and will automatically record the last 30 seconds of gameplay when you, for example, rank up or earn an achievement. You can also manually record clips should you choose. The command to manually record the last 30 seconds of gameplay using Kinect is "Xbox, Record That."

After the clip is successfully recorded, it will be automatically sent to your UPLOAD application. To access this, manually go to "My Games and Apps," then find UPLOAD. You can expedite the process using Kinect by saying "Xbox, Go to UPLOAD."
UPLOAD essentially stores your clips temporarily, so if you are wanting to permanently keep certain clips in your Xbox One, you will have to select them and save them yourself. Other functions include assigning titles and descriptions to your clips as well as deleting clips. Clips will eventually delete themselves if you do nothing with them.​
In order to extract, edit, and upload clips from your Xbox One, you will need an application called UPLOAD Studio. This does not come loaded onto your console upon boot, so you will need to find it and download it. UPLOAD Studio comes with a plethora of functions that allow you easily manipulate your clips. You will want to select a template then locate your clips and upload them to the timeline. From there you can trim them as necessary, supply a voiceover, and whatever else you find necessary then render or render and upload the clip to Skydrive.​
Your Skydrive may need to be set up beforehand, but your Xbox Live account should automatically function as an applicable login for Skydrive. When you are done with your clip, select the "Render and Upload to Skydrive," function. This will render and upload the clip to Skydrive. Skydrive operates as a gallery of sorts. From Skydrive you can locate your clip after a short while and choose to share it or download it directly to your device. This will allow you to upload it to Youtube or edit it further.​
I hope you guys enjoyed this short tutorial.​

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't got around to recording any clips as of yet but, this will definitely help when I go to do it... :smile:

Thanks Sharpy!

Top Bottom
Login
Register