extract xbox dvd key. do i have to buy Xk3y Gecko, Maximus 360 Lizard or X360USB

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by kjmchugh, Oct 13, 2013 with 9 replies and 5,212 views.

1. kjmchugh

kjmchugh Newbie

Ratings:
    have just bought the xkey and is there a way to get the xbox 360 dvd drive key without haveing to buy one of these. Xk3y Gecko, Maximus 360 Lizard or X360USB Pro. i have been trying to find a solution this problem but i am getting no where.

thanks for any help.
    karl.

2. Kingkat714

Kingkat714 Contributor

Ratings:
    This is a wierd layout but okay. It depends on the drive you have.

3. OP
    kjmchugh

kjmchugh Newbie

Ratings:
    sorry i didn't finish it correctly . I bought the xkey and is there a way to get the xbox 360 dvd drive key without having to buy one of these. Xk3y Gecko, Maximus 360 Lizard or X360USB Pro. i have been trying to find a solution this problem but i am getting no where.

thanks for any help.
    karl.

4. Kingkat714

Kingkat714 Contributor

Ratings:
    It depends on the drive you have, if you have a compatible Sata chipset then you can plug the drive into your computer and get it through Jungleflasher. You may need to buy or make a probe if you have a Liteon drive.

5. The Coon

The Coon I just lick clits and make memes bro ~ KoMa

Ratings:
    Look on the site or use google. I offer drive flashing/xk3y firmware retrieval for free. All you do is pay shipping. :smile:

6. JungleMonkeykk

JungleMonkeykk I'm #Magical.

Ratings:
  7. OP
    kjmchugh

kjmchugh Newbie

Ratings:
    i want to be able to do it myself. which one the below is best with a laptop .As i only have a laptop.
    Xk3y Gecko, Maximus 360 Lizard or X360USB and whould i need anything else to get the drive key.

8. Kingkat714

Kingkat714 Contributor

Ratings:
    I like the X360USBPro, and maybe buy a Probe 3.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuckemz

Chuckemz Jedi Sensei

Ratings:
    Use X360USB which drive does your console have in it?

10. biggsy

biggsy Newbie

Ratings:
    You need 2 things in order to flash your drive. 1) A way to power it. 2) A way to have it recognised by your computer.

If you want an all in one solution, then purchase an X360USB Pro V2 the the V1 plus one of the CK3i variants. Depending on what you want to do with it, you may also need a 12v molex power supply that goes into the V2 & the wall. This supplies the extra power in order to enable you to eject the dvd drive etc.

Depending on the drive you have inside your xbox you might need the CK3 Probe 3 (for the Phat Liteon) or the Sputnik (for the slim liteon). If you don't have one of these, then you don't need the probe!

All you need then is to download a program named Jungle Flasher. That will let you view & extract your key. From there, drop it on the microsd card & your are ready to go.

If it's just the key you need & you know that you won't need the hardware again, then I personally would save money by looking at your local classified ads (Craiglist in the US, Gumtree in the UK etc), then get someone to do it for a few dollars/pounds & save yourself a bit of money.