Solved Extract DLC Data

• Thread starter NateBirkas
  • Start date
  • Views 4,357
N

NateBirkas

Reaction score
Hey Se7enSins!

this is my first post on this forum and i'd just like to say this is probably if not THE best xbox 360 forum there is. :smile:

anyway onto the question:

I am able to extract data from my FM3 (forza motorsport 3) ISO (from my own purchased disc) like the CARNAME.zip files in which I extract and open the .CARBIN files in "Forza Studio 5.3.10" and save as .OBJ and open in 3DSMax 2011 (gasps for breath lol)

however i wanted to know if there is a way to extract data from the DLC packs that you can COPY to your USB drive via the xbox itself. for instance, i copied the american car pack to my USB (323mb or so) and it shows these files on the USB (via PC):
G:/Xbox/ 0000 , 0001 , 0002 , and 0003.

the 0002 file is 323mb. (0002.file)

if I open that in winrar, it will get me this far:

0002.file/media/cars/Acura_Int_03.zip and just this car, also it wont extract bc the file is incomplete or something...

is there a software i need to use to open this 0002.file or am I doing something wrong or what?

pls help :o lol

thanks

Nate B

EDIT: also I used Modio and it didnt seem to help me any... I tried using wxPIRS before and it said it wasnt a valid PIRS file, but Modio said it was...?

N

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you have actually done this, as you didn't mention it, but have you tried opening your USB drive using USBXTAFGUI?

N

NateBirkas

Reaction score
Not sure if you have actually done this, as you didn't mention it, but have you tried opening your USB drive using USBXTAFGUI?
Yea I have, and it gives me one big (323mb or so :wink: ) file with a messy name. I then tried opening this file with wxPIRS and whaddya know!

it worked :smile:

N

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never played Forza 3, but 323MB sounds very big for a car pack... This message was sent from an Xbox360. w00t

Top Bottom