What's new

Unsolved External HDD setup

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been around here for a bit. Mostly on the 360 side of things so I'm new to the Ps3 side.
I just have a quick question I was hoping someone can help me out with.

I have a 500 GB external segate hdd. That runs perfect with my ps3.
All games are extracted into a GAMES/******* folder.
And all show up on multiman without a hitch.

Now here is the problem.

I have a 3tb external segate as well that I want to use and no matter how I format it the ps3 won't read my games.

It will read the Hdd and show me how much free space is on it but if I navigate into the games folder from file manager or hit refresh on multiman it just jumps back to condor updater app for some reason.

Has anyone had this problem before where the hdd is recognized but the games are not?

I have tried GAMES/GAMEZ/Games/Gamez.... what else would you suggest?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been around here for a bit. Mostly on the 360 side of things so I'm new to the Ps3 side.
I just have a quick question I was hoping someone can help me out with.

I have a 500 GB external segate hdd. That runs perfect with my ps3.
All games are extracted into a GAMES/******* folder.
And all show up on multiman without a hitch.

Now here is the problem.

I have a 3tb external segate as well that I want to use and no matter how I format it the ps3 won't read my games.

It will read the Hdd and show me how much free space is on it but if I navigate into the games folder from file manager or hit refresh on multiman it just jumps back to condor updater app for some reason.

Has anyone had this problem before where the hdd is recognized but the games are not?

I have tried GAMES/GAMEZ/Games/Gamez.... what else would you suggest?

Have you tried formatting it to FAT32?

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Have you tried formatting it to FAT32?
Yes, that was the first step. Like I said I already have a external that works. But this is a self powered 3Tb usb that shows up as 2.8 TB on the Ps3. But none of the games run or display.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Yes, that was the first step. Like I said I already have a external that works. But this is a self powered 3Tb usb that shows up as 2.8 TB on the Ps3. But none of the games run or display.

Hmm... Very interesting I have never heard of this problem. Keysnsamples or Wolf do either of you have any suggestions?

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Edit:

I used esus partition manager that didn't work.
I tried another format tool and that didn't work as well.
I then found this format.exe used in the ps3tool box or something and set my allocation unit size to 65536 did a quick format and my games are now showing up on the drive.

Top Bottom