What's new

Discussion Exploring the Ocean, on foot.

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sooo, I was walking around the Ocean in GTA Online, and suddenly I noticed that I can actually walk under the water. Here are some pictures.

t7GGfvA.jpg

bL7b09R.jpg

qGHschU.jpg

Oj8uwhI.jpg

c3vtOFt.jpg

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Man I wish I could find the spot where you can walk under water. So far every time I try the ones already posted it doesn't work for me. So how was your experience underwater?

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Man I wish I could find the spot where you can walk under water. So far every time I try the ones already posted it doesn't work for me. So how was your experience underwater?
It was great, the problem is idk how it happened. I know first I end up with the car in water here:
mvQ6fpA.png

I was still somewhere so the car didn't sink all in water, but I couldn't use it anymore. When I got out of it. I noticed that I can walk under water. Then I went to the Ocean and I could walk under water there too.

Last edited:
T

Truth82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i know that there is some crazy **** under the water but is that a house in the last picture??

TacticalBacon29

TacticalBacon29

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A few people around here can get it pretty consistently. Although I can't tell you how the exact glitch works, it seems to involve jumping or falling off/out your vehicle when its about to be submerged. I've had it happen twice to me. Both involved situations where my vehicle was destroyed from water

Its a fun glitch except visibility is dropped dramatically the lower you go, and eventually if you fall or skydive down the abyss too far, the game will glitch you back on land.

going underwater with a bounty is real fun with a homing launcher. but watch out for depth charges LOL

KayDee

KayDee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've had this happen to me a few times on PS3, and what I've gathered is that I think it's just a lobby wide thing. I think it's just an issue when the map is being loaded that it doesn't see water as a different thing than air.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Adventure begins where fear ends.
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't remember exactly where but back when I had a ps3, a friend and I saw the lochness monster. I think it's towards the top somewhere. I can't be exactly sure since we went around the whole map with submarines and we did it like a year ago.

L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't remember exactly where but back when I had a ps3, a friend and I saw the lochness monster. I think it's towards the top somewhere. I can't be exactly sure since we went around the whole map with submarines and we did it like a year ago.
Some people should go looking for that :tongue: You would become famous on YouTube.

GypsyCrazyBoy

GypsyCrazyBoy

Capitalism is a dirty business
Reaction score
Sin$
I've only had this happen 1 time and it lasted about 20 seconds before I got disconnected from the game :unsure:

M

MrSquiddles2K15

Your Grammar Sucks
Reaction score
Sin$
No one knows how this glitch is done, it's random. One day me and a friend dived off a bridge for fun and died on impact, then I went to swim to him and I was walking underwater, he could too. The very next day, I was playing with a different friend when he drove his car into the water and he told me he was able to walk underwater, so I ran into the water and the same thing happened to me again!

Sosa

Sosa

i been had polio
Reaction score
Sin$
Happened one time when I drove my MW Mesa into the water in Sandy SHores, was pretty cool cause it worked every where on the map.

Froudey

Froudey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive found to get it consistantly is to go near the beach were that waste tunnel is and try and jump but hit your head and sort of flip / roll / end up in th ewater.

Inkd

Inkd

I’m parting the sea between brightness and me
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This has happened to me on two different occasions. Once as I jumped out of a helicopter and just landed in the middle of the ocean and was able to walk, and the other time I was just walking towards the ocean and began running and I just kept running under the water. I love doing this but I have no clue how to "active" it.

G

Glendrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a random glitch. I tried it twice without any vehicle nearby. I jumped from the funpark at the beach, and then I hit the buttom and I could walk around. I tried to do the same thing later when the glitch was gone but couldn't do it. When you walk out to the buttom of the ocean were you submer.. normally gets destroyed, you don't die but simply gets transformed back to the beach. I haven't tried the glitch on ps4 yet. Only on ps3.

If it happends again, try to shoot you RPG underwater :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register