What's new

Working EXOTIC SWORD Quest - Skip the 25 crucible kills! Works for 2nd and 3rd Sword

• Thread starter LegendaryLSD
  • Start date
  • Views 39,798
baytreez510

baytreez510

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just did all that and now my character does not have the quest at all for it and checked abandon quest too not there wtf I upgraded it over 280 in the character that already had the exotic too

LegendaryLSD

LegendaryLSD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I can be waiting for arms day and get both of the legendary ones onto my primary, right? I don't have to collect materials for each sword if I've already done it for one?

you skip TO the part where you collect. It's a bit of a grind, but if you're in the rush -- this trick will skip the 25 PvP & 50 Major PvE kills. 
Just did all that and now my character does not have the quest at all for it and checked abandon quest too not there wtf I upgraded it over 280 in the character that already had the exotic too
But, You remember that you need to upgrade all perks before triggering the quest.
You also need to unlock the extra upgrade added to the sword after 280+

Last edited:
o Jinkyy

o Jinkyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its a little extra ammo upgrade that is added after 280 that you need to purchase

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you skip TO the part where you collect. It's a bit of a grind, but if you're in the rush -- this trick will skip the 25 PvP & 50 Major PvE kills. 

But, You remember that you need to upgrade all perks before triggering the quest.
So in short, I still have to farm for the materials? Becaus that's the part I want to skip, the melee kills in pvp and major kills are easy

XINoochIX

XINoochIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Think this killed my quest on the char I tried performing the glitch on, unless I am overlooking a small detail. I have the sword maxed on upgrades and at 290 and Shaxx does not have the next step available for me.

jjay007

jjay007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol im just trying to get past the 25 pvp kills haha, never even attempted pvp so dont think it is going to go down well for me haha

Otishuff

Otishuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it's a good idea for people to really read what the post is saying. Some of you have jumped the gun.

K

Keanu reeves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It worked. Had to wait until i finished the first quest for bolt caster, than it gave me the material step for my void sword

squeekybigfoot

squeekybigfoot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Found this on accident when I had solar and void on one character than turned in the 25 kills

L

Lilmichael406

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The character u use to infuse the sword to 280+ is the character that will get the exotic quest. It doesn't matter what character u get the sword on. Just which character u max it out on. Hope this helps!

baytreez510

baytreez510

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
After you do all the steps the quest disappears just wait tills arms day and then it's there that's what the post is missing

OMassalia

OMassalia

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, thks for this tips but i dont understand very well. Im french and my english is not perfect.

Someone can explain again ?

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
does it work still?
Yes this still works. Few days ago I bought 2nd sword, infused and upgraded and the quest popped at Shaax with the first step being the material farming. Think it must be the same character you did the exotic sword quest on already.

V

VeXtreme

Reaction score
Sin$
does it work still?
You can simply buy them from Shaxx once you completed one to the exotic version.
You will still have to do the material grind and void/solar/arc AI kills (just as with the way TS describes it)

BattleBuddy

BattleBuddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was really freaking out. I bought the sword on my warlock. Then I transfered to my hunter and infused/leveled all the way. I transferred the sword back to my warlock and the quest was not showing up. So finally I transfered back to my hunter and the quest showed up even though I had done it before with the solar sword.

flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this ain't fixed? can't get the Shaxx-man to pop the second part of my quest on my "main"...
- main got one exotic sword all fleshed out (void)
- alt got another sword (solar)
- new sword got upgraded and "mote'd" up
- alt sees Shaxx-man has new quest for sword so sends sword to main
- Shaxx-man "refuses" to speak to main apart from peddling his wares...

Top Bottom
Login
Register