What's new

Working EXOTIC SWORD Quest - Skip the 25 crucible kills! Works for 2nd and 3rd Sword

• Thread starter LegendaryLSD
  • Start date
  • Views 39,797
LegendaryLSD

LegendaryLSD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So on Bungie forums there are a few threads going around.

Basically, by infusing your legendary swords on a character that has already completed the exotic quest for another sword, Shaxx will take you right to the step where you collect materials. Thus, you are able to skip slaying the knight and 25 crucible/50 major kills.

Steps below:
1) at least UNLOCK the collect rare materials / ability kills portion of the quest (it's okay to complete)
2) unlock 2nd/3rd legendary sword (by completing TTK Main story)
3) BEFORE infusing your swords, swap to a character that unlocked/completed the "a sword reforged" // The collection of materials.
4) infuse to 280+ | AND fully Upgrade (unlock the quest)
5) GG, WP. Shaxx will tell you to collect the materials (and skip the most enjoyable 25 PvP Kills / 50 farmed majors)
6) After you do all the steps the quest disappears just wait tills arms day and then it's there

...Wish I would have known this before I finished all three!

Last edited:
X Zesty Xo

X Zesty Xo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
same here yo...

Initially I was really upset -- WTF I JUST SPENT HOURS FARMING THOSE...
oh, they only skip the crucible kills, not the . . Farming . . .
For the crucible kills just boost off of your friend in crucible yes I know it's stupid and people might report you or do it the hard way and for the 50 major kills just do the exclusive zone mission on 240 light and you get 9 major kills per run ( dont kill a phalanx shield cabal guy) then once you kill the majors let the other 1/2 shield guys kill you then just repeat it till you are done

D

Drachor

Reaction score
Sin$
I did the the 25 crucible kills in 4 games. You don't need ammo in the sword to get kills with it, but it basically does melee damage not the increased sword damage had you had ammo.

X Zesty Xo

X Zesty Xo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did the the 25 crucible kills in 4 games. You don't need ammo in the sword to get kills with it, but it basically does melee damage not the increased sword damage had you had ammo.
Yeh but when you swing it the time to get back up in order to hit with the sword again is slow it just feels slow and rubbish when it has no energy

HungSolo

HungSolo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Shot myself in the knee with an arrow on this one. I finished all my sword then gave them to my Titan who had finished crucible. Needless to say when I got the exotic part I only had one quest. Sucks I have to do this again.

LegendaryLSD

LegendaryLSD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For the crucible kills just boost off of your friend in crucible yes I know it's stupid and people might report you or do it the hard way and for the 50 major kills just do the exclusive zone mission on 240 light and you get 9 major kills per run ( dont kill a phalanx shield cabal guy) then once you kill the majors let the other 1/2 shield guys kill you then just repeat it till you are done

REALLY though,
PvP like i said - headshot + melee OR melee + weapon swap + melee trick . I kept a 1.5~2.0 k/d

50 Majors: Earth patrol is as easy as running up and down stairs at the spawn. doesn't get easier.

I AGREE!

K

Keanu reeves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like i'll only be able to do this with the void sword. I already infused the solar sword to 280+ when i got it

K

Keanu reeves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does the ability kills and material step have to be completed first? to skip the other steps or just unlocked

LegendaryLSD

LegendaryLSD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so i still have to already have the exotic sword?
Negative, homie. You just have to get to the part where you collect the materials.

does the ability kills and material step have to be completed first? to skip the other steps or just unlocked

at least Unlocked material step -- Once you have this step, you are able to skip portions of the "a sword reforged" quest by transferring swords to the character and infusing over 280 to trigger another quest.

Last edited:
K

Keanu reeves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it didn't give me the step when i infused the void sword above 280

SuperSix

SuperSix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i think the material one comes after the crucible one right?

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I can be waiting for arms day and get both of the legendary ones onto my primary, right? I don't have to collect materials for each sword if I've already done it for one?

Top Bottom
Login
Register