What's new

.exe blocked

Nity

Nity

Enthusiast
Programmer Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
My school blocked Google Chrome, I tried changing the checksum of the .exe but that didn't work. My question is, what else could I try to get Google Chrome to work again (don't tell me the portable version because I tried it).

Another way to put it, how does the network administrators block certain programs from being ran?

*IDGAF if google chrome isn't approved by the network bla bla bla.

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

FairyHopn' All Day
Retired
Grammar Nazi TotM MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by it's blocked. Like what does it say when you try to open up the program. DO they block it from connecting to the internet, or is the program itself blocked?

Nity

Nity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by it's blocked. Like what does it say when you try to open up the program. DO they block it from connecting to the internet, or is the program itself blocked?
They block the exe from being ran. When you click chrome, a message box appears and says Google chrome is disallowed on the network.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
i might sound retarded, but did you rename it... also if you did, try renaming it to like explorer.exe, or somehting

Nity

Nity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i might sound retarded, but did you rename it... also if you did, try renaming it to like explorer.exe, or somehting
lol yeah, I've tried all that. I know there is a way to do it because it says the same thing for Halo. A few students years ago did something to the Halo exe, and made it able to be ran. My thought was that they blocked it from the check sums, but that wasn't it.

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

FairyHopn' All Day
Retired
Grammar Nazi TotM MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I know you probably want to use Chrome, but why not use Firefox or Chromium instead.

Almost exactly the same thing if you configure your plugins.

Nity

Nity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know you probably want to use Chrome, but why not use Firefox or Chromium instead.

Almost exactly the same thing if you configure your plugins.
I'd rather find a bypass than use Firefox. Thanks any way.

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

FairyHopn' All Day
Retired
Grammar Nazi TotM MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd rather find a bypass than use Firefox. Thanks any way.
Figured I might as well suggest it. I will continue to lurk around. Do you know if CMD is blocked as well?

Top Bottom
Login
Register