Exchange Email

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Altec6, Dec 8, 2008 with 8 replies and 570 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altec6

Altec6 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Not sure if anyone else has already posted about this but here it goes. I have a 3G iPhone connected to my companies Exchange server for my email and calander using active sync. Within Outlook I have folders that I have created rules for so that certain messages go into certain folders. Example emails from John Smith go into the John Smith folder. I have noticed that I am only alerted of a new message, on my phone, if it goes directly into my inbox. This means that I am not alerted of any new emails on the phone if they are directed to another folder within Outlook. Has anyone else run into a similar situation and if so have you found a way to correct it? Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Have you tried using other apps for your webmail on your iPhone?

3. OP
    Altec6

Altec6 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I am not familiar with the other apps. Are there any that you recommend? I would like to use the integrated mail system on the phone if at all possible.

4. gilliandboy

gilliandboy Se7en Psycho

Ratings:
    I have never been able to play around with Exchange (all though I would love push email and push contacts) so I don't know much about Exchange. I would recommend posting on [Click here to view the link] and see what they have to say. If you find no help on Apples website I would suggest you contact your IT department.

Sorry I can't help more.

5. OP
    Altec6

Altec6 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Ya Apple's forums is a good suggestion, thanks...

6. gilliandboy

gilliandboy Se7en Psycho

Ratings:
    Not a problem. If you do figure out how to fix it please post back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Altec6

Altec6 Premium Premium

Ratings:
  8. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    I have not been able to get anything in this stupid email to work. I would love to have the push email but for hotmail it doesnt work.... blah. If you find anything out let me know. It might help me with a couple problems i have been having.

9. OP
    Altec6

Altec6 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    So I posted on Apple's support forum and it looks like only emails goin to your Inbox in Outlook cause an alert on the iPhone. If there is a rule set to send the email to a subfolder of your Inbox you will not receive an alert on the phone.

I will see if I can find out anything about this for ya...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.