Status
Not open for further replies.
C

_Casper_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everytime I run Most Programs I get this error

The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click ok to terminat the application.

Is there anyway to fix this?

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hate to break it to you.. but most likely you have a virus. Im guessing that error also pops up when you shut the computer down, or restart?

You are very well going to have to reformat your PC, depending on the damage done and how much of your win32 is salvageable. You can try running some registry cleaners or fixers.. but usually when you get that error it means that some vital .dll files have been modified(incorrectly or intentionally, hence the virus part) or the files were deleted completely.

I would suggest running some an anti-virus scan, but there's really no telling how much damage was done because most AV's won't pick up 100% of the problems. So like i said.. a reformat is imminent if you want those errors to stop all together.

C

chiefofu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
some good programs ive used to fix these kind of errors from viruses are malware bytes and run spy bot search and destroy 1 of the 2 usally find something

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Casper. Provide us with more of the following information:

-What version of Windows do you currently have?

-Have you recently installed/uninstalled any Program(s)?

-When did this start?

Thanks man.

C

_Casper_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I run a 64 Bit Vista.
Downloaded, Only programs from this site.

Such as Game adder and Profile adder.

about a week ago.

modz4bud2 said:
Hate to break it to you.. but most likely you have a virus. Im guessing that error also pops up when you shut the computer down, or restart?

You are very well going to have to reformat your PC, depending on the damage done and how much of your win32 is salvageable. You can try running some registry cleaners or fixers.. but usually when you get that error it means that some vital .dll files have been modified(incorrectly or intentionally, hence the virus part) or the files were deleted completely.

I would suggest running some an anti-virus scan, but there's really no telling how much damage was done because most AV's won't pick up 100% of the problems. So like i said.. a reformat is imminent if you want those errors to stop all together.

No, the error only pops up when i run programs such as Profile Editor and Modio.
"there are lots more, those are just some"

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Sup Casper. Ok man, if you downloaded some modding tools from this site and if some other programs that you already had on your computer gave you that specified error messege, my first thought would be a problem with the Microsoft .Net Framework (either 3.5 or an outdated version). Try the following steps:

Part 1

-Check to see if your Windows Firewall is blocking access to the programs

-Run your current AntiVirus and check to see if your computer has any infections (post infection results on here if any)

If your Windows Firewall settings are not blocking the programs and the AntiVirus did not find any infections, continue to part 2.

Part 2

-Go to Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features. Uninstall Microsoft .Net Framework. If successful (even if the process failed, go ahead and continue to step 2)

-Download and run the Framework Removal program

-Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5

-If Part 2 fails, continue to Part 3

Part 3

Click Start, Run and type cmd to run command prompt. Type chkdsk /r and push Enter. Push the letter Y and reboot. As the laptop boots up allow it to do the check disk scan. After the scan is done and goes back to Windows, try opening the programs you had trouble with before.

I would not recommend using a 3rd party Registry Cleaner/Optimizer program because at times those create more problems. I would only recommend those if you are familiar with working with the Registry.

If you still have problems, update us here and I will provide you with another step but more in-depth.

C

_Casper_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ran Zone Alarm Pro,

All it found was cookies, Nothing major.
Cleaned those all up,

Im currently tryin step 2.

modz4bud

modz4bud

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
but... you said in your original post that you get that error when you run MOST PROGRAMS. If it only happens to two programs.. then why didn't you just say that..

C

_Casper_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Happens To Most programs, I never said it didnt happen to most did i?

Most Modding programs are Fu**ed.

Even programs that worked before.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
0xc000007b error occurs when a program cannot run, or more importantly, it cannot access a dependency. For example, .NET programs will have an issue running if the Framework is not installed. This can be because either certain files no longer exist, are no longer registered, or the registry is damaged somehow.
First thing you want to try is clean up the registry, however from what you described, that is more than likely NOT the issue. Instead, doing a windows repair from the install disk SHOULD fix your issue.

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I was getting an error like this when I was using a cracked version of Windows.
Is your version legit or?

C

_Casper_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mines Legit
Store Bought,

No System Changes from Xp To Vista Done whatsoever.

Just Bought the way it is. Except the error is new.
- I tried downloading and installing the new .net, Nothen still errors

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
You see, there's a reason I said the issue is most likely NOT the .net framework, which is that native programs are ALSO giving that error. Therefore it is an issue with a library that many, if not most programs use, including those that run off the framework. There are many libraries on the system that have such importance, and the issue could be in one of three places on your system. Doing a windows repair should most definitely fix this issue.
If it doesn't, your best bet is to backup any important files and do a complete Windows format. Then install an anti-virus suite such as ESET NOD32, and whatever else you need/want. That will guarantee your issue is fixed.

C

_Casper_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Install disk,

One question,

I bought windows vista previously installed,
the computer came with no discs.

Now what.

ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
get the 2005 c++ runtime redistributale(maybe even the 2008 one)
windows installer 4.5
and .Dot Net framework 3.5 (i think there's an updated version of this like sp1 or 2)

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
ChiefJoboo said:
get the 2005 c++ runtime redistributale(maybe even the 2008 one)
windows installer 4.5
and .Dot Net framework 3.5 (i think there's an updated version of this like sp1 or 2)
Those won't be the issues.

ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This thread on this website has some info you might find useful, its talking about either a specific virus, Comodo Firewall, or an Nvida audio driver conflict.

Code:
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43776

Here's the links to the software that you asked for:frown:these aren't neccessarily mandatory updates, but it wouldn't hurt to have them)

(ASSUMING YOU HAVE WINDOWS XP SP3)

1.) .NET Framework 2.0 (install these in the order they're shown here)
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5

2.) .NET Framework 3.5
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6

3.) .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

if you then run windows update after this, it'll probally show a .net framework family update.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Windows Visual C++ 2005 Redistrutable Package
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee

2.) Windows Visual C++ 2008 Redistrutable Package
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf

the newer windows installer isnt really needed for anything i know of.. :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register