What's new

Working Everything you ever wanted to know about duping!

• Thread starter Gandalf61
  • Start date
  • Views 481,761
Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
2s6ad7b.jpg

Updated 2/19/19
It seems that every time a new duplication glitch is found, the thread gets inundated with the same questions over and over again. So i thought I would put a detailed article that might serve as a reference to dupers. I know that th3butch3r did something like this some time ago but it seems to have been lost to the pages of time.
Thanks to GTA Sin Andreas for providing a link to th3butch3r's thread. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...pe-merge-insurance-glitches-plz-help.1320082/

WARNING. AS OF 8/10/18 Rockstar changed the code that detects dupes. The game now tracks your last 7 sales and takes note if you sell a car that is the same model AND has same plate (including custom) within the last 7. If this flags, you will be punished with either joining the one car club or lose access to plates or possibly both. Therefore, it is advised that you own at leas 8 different custom plates and apply them to your dupes. Keep track of which ones you sell and the order in which you sell them. DO NOT SELL THE SAME CAR WITH THE SAME PLATE UNTIL YOU HAVE SOLD 7 OTHER DUPES THAT ARE NOT LIKE IT!!! If you do not have the ability to apply custom plates, then the only dupe glitch you should do is a dupe glitch that also gives the new dupe a random game generated plate. For more detailed info go to this thread
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/warning-must-read-before-duping-or-selling-dupes.1630717/
Everything you ever wanted to know about Dupe Glitches in GTA V

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, to understand how car dupe glitches work, you need to understand that there are three different types of glitches. These glitches are different and they have different effects on the cars you are duping.

A Merge Glitch
In a Merge glitch, you are tricking the game into thinking the car you are getting is a car you already own. usually its the one you over-write in the glitch. For example you are duping a deluxo and you over-write a free elegy in the duplication steps. In a merge glitch, the game thinks your car is still a free elegy but in reality it is the deluxo. In essence, you merged the two cars.

A Replacement Glitch
In a Replacement glitch, you are simply replacing one car for another. Similar to what happens when you drive a street car into a full garage and you get a message that the car needs to be replaced.

A CAR-bon Copy Glitch

A third type of glitch is a CAR-bon Copy glitch. It is neither a Merge glitch or a Replacement Glitch. It is a simple Copy Your Car glitch. An example of this is the recent LSC or Benny's Glitch that was found after the Low Riders Update. In these types of glitches you are simply making a carbon copy of a car. In the LSC glitch you could take a car available in a race, take it into LSC or Benny's and the car from the race would become yours. Another example is the old Fire Glitch. This type of glitch will not bypass the 48 minute wait nor will you be able to give a car to a friend.

*** Shout out to GTA_Grinder for coming up with the official name for this type of Glitch. It is now forever to be known as a "CAR-bon Copy" glitch!

A Frozen Money Glitch

While technically not considered a dupe glitch, people sometimes get confused on this because the result can be many copies of the same car. A Frozen money glitch is exactly what it sounds like. It is a glitch where you can buy anything in the game such as cars, property etc but the money never gets deducted from your account. Therefore, you could buy 50 vigilantes and never spend a dime. then sell them. Since they are considered originals (You bought them), you do not need to put custom plates on them prior to selling.

Why is this important?
Knowing what type of glitch you are working with will answer a lot of questions you might have and help you understand what is happening in the glitch.

Since a merge glitch tricks the game, this glitch CAN bypass the 48 minute wait depending on what car use use to dupe over. If you dupe your car over a legit bought car such as the rebel it will bypass the wait. It will not bypass the wait if you use a stolen street car. Also, it will allow you to sell cars that exceed the $50,000 limit IF you use a legit bought car. This happens because the system thinks you are selling a less expensive care like the rebel.

In a Replacement glitch, you will not bypass the 48 minute wait and will get the $50,000 alert if you dupe a high end car.

A carbon copy glitch will not bypass the 48 minute wait and depending on what car you copied you may get the $50,000 notice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do upgrades work?
If you are duping cars for money, you will want to make sure that the car you are duplicating is fully upgraded. To do this just drive the car you are duping from to LSC or Benny's and buy everything you can on it. Some upgrades don’t add to the sell value but put them on anyway. You will get your money back.

When duping the car, the upgrades get transferred to the duplicate car.

Selling Duped Cars:
When selling a duped car, you will get 60% of the purchase price of the car and 50% of the money you spent on upgrades. To test this, go buy a million dollar Adder and then take it to LSC to sell. You will see that you can get $600,000 (60%) for it.

Here is where the type of glitch being done comes into play.

In a Merge Glitch:
If it is a Merge glitch where you duplicate your Adder over a Rebel, (remember, the game now thinks the duped adder is a rebel), you would get 60% of the sell price of the rebel ($1800) plus 50% of the upgrades you put on the adder. This is why duping high end super cars sell for so little. (Think X80 etc)

Since the value of the purchase price drops all the way to $1800 in a Merge glitch, it is not a good idea to dupe your Adders, T20’s etc over a rebel and sell them. The best way to make money in a Merge glitch is to own an issi classic fully upgraded in the Arena War Mod shop and merge it into a Free elegy. You will be able to sell each dupe for about $1.8 million.

In a Replacement Glitch:
If it was just a Replacement glitch, you would not be able to sell the duped Adder at all. Why? Because the system knows that it is an Adder and it exceeds the $50,000 limit. If you try to sell it, you will get a message saying so when you take it to LSC.

The best way to make money in a Replacement glitch is to own a fully upgraded Willard Faction Donk and dupe it. You will get about $800,000 but will have to wait 48 minutes to sell each one.

You can dupe any car you want in any of these glitches. But if the original costs more than $83,000 to purchase, you wont be able to sell the dupes as their sell price (60%) exceeds the $50,000 limit.

Giving Cars to Friends:
Sometimes a glitch will allow you to give one of your cars to a friend or allow one of your friends to give you one of his cars. You can do this to get cars to sell or get a car you don’t want to buy yourself. If you are getting cars from a friend to sell, make sure your friend is giving you a fully upgraded Issi classic as you will be able to sell this car for the most money.

If the glitch is a Replacement, you can use the Donk as it will not give you the $50,000 limit.

Generally, give cars to friends are Merge glitches but not always.

Solo Verses Two Person Glitches:
This is exactly what it sounds like. In a solo glitch you can do it all by yourself. Some glitches will require two people. Merge glitches are seldom solo but there have been a few.
Now to some FAQ’s

1. Can I dupe a super car and sell it?

The answer is that it depends. If you duped the super car using a Merge glitch and merged the adder over a legit bought car then the answer is yes. If you used a Replacement glitch, the answer is no. Even though it is possible to dupe your super car, this is not the best way to make money as the duped super will actually sell for less than a duped Retro Elegy. This is because you are getting the sell value of the rebel which is only $1800. EDIT: Since the Sultan RS is considered a Super car AND it doesn't reach the $50,000 sell limit, you can dupe and sell this one with no problems.​

2. Why do I get a message that I can’t sell cars that cost more than $50,000?

This happens when you try to sell a dupe of a car that cost more than $83,000 originally AND you used a Replacement Glitch. If you are using a replacement Glitch, you will only be able to sell cars that cost less than $83,000 originally to buy.​

3. Why do I get a message that says “we don’t need any cars at this time”?

This happens when you are trying to sell a car but already sold one within the last 48 minutes. You will get this message when you use a Replacement Glitch to duplicate cars. You will NOT get this message with a Merge Glitch because the system thinks your duped car is a legit bought car.​

4. Why was I able to sell my duped super for $300,000 or more?

You didn’t. What happened is that you accidently sold the original that you bought legit. When doing glitches, pay attention to where the legit original is in your garage.​

5. What is the highest selling car to duplicate?

For a Merge glitch, the highest selling car is the Issi. Fully upgraded Arena wars version will sell for about $1.7 million​

For replacement Glitches, the best car to dupe for money is the Willard Faction Donk and will sell for about $800,000.​

6. I hear people selling duped cars for more than I am getting for mine. Why?

This happens because the car you duped from was not fully upgraded. The upgrades that are commonly missed are the Jazz Loop Horn, Bullet Proof Tires, and Xenon Lights and the Chrome Carbon S wheels.​

7. Sometimes my duped donk sells for $800,000 and other times it only sells for slightly less. Why?

The car you use to dupe over in a merge glitch will affect the sell price of the dupe. Remember, when you sell a dupe you get 50% of the upgrades that are on the original and 60% of the purchase price of the car you duped over. Since the rebel costs $3000 to buy, you will get $1800 if you use a rebel. If you use a different car, you will get 60% of whatever car you used.

It is also possible that a sale is going on for some upgrades. When this happens, you will get 50% of the reduced price even if you paid the regular price. Don't worry though, when the sale ends, your cars sell value will go back up.

8. Why do some glitches only work in certain garages or facilities or bunkers?

There is a difference in the animation between garages that are attached to an apartment and ones that are stand alone garages (Murrietta, poplar etc) Sometimes the length of time it takes for the car to go in or out can mess up the glitch or might be required for the glitch to work.​

9. I duped a car from a friend but I can’t store it in my garage. Why?

There are two possibilities here. One is that you duped a car that is black listed. Examples of these cars are the go go monkey Blista, Space Docker, Lost Slam van etc.​

The other possibility is that you duped a car that can only be obtained if you own the DLC that the car came in originally or it may have been a onetime Special Edition Car. Occasionally, glitches are found that will allow you to store these cars but they are almost always a Give Car to a Friend Merge Glitch.​

10. What upgrades do not add value to the car?

Plates, Window tint, Wheel Color, Tire Smoke, Custom Tires, Respray and Neon lights.
11. Will this glitch bypass the 48 minute wait?

Understanding the difference between a Merge Glitch and a Replacement Glitch will answer this question. A replacement glitch will never bypass the wait (although there were some glitches along time ago where this was not true) A merge Glitch will bypass the wait IF you merge your car over another legit bought car like the rebel.
12. Can i use a dupe as the car I am duping from?

Yes, you will be able to sell the dupe for the same amount as if you had used a legit car.
13. What are Bonds? (Formerly known as Adder or T20Bonds)

Bonds refers to legit cars that were bought with money made from selling duped cars and placed in your garage as insurance should Rock* ever delete your money. Since they do not remove your cars, the idea is to take the money and convert it to legit cars that you can sell later should you need money. These cars are usually placed in the garages owned by your second character but can go in any garage. Originally, the best car to do this with was the adder as it had the highest resale value ($600,000). Since the creation of hangers and Motorcycle club houses, the best idea is to fill your garages with the most expensive car you can buy, your clubhouse with the most expensive bike you can buy and your hanger with the most expensive aircraft you can buy.
14. Do all Glitches work on all consoles and PC and old and new gen?

The answer is not usually. Because the code is different between the systems and between the generations, it is not unusual for a particular glitch to only work on one system or generation. A good Tutorial by the OP should state what system and generation the glitch will work on.
15. What is the definition of a "Street" Car? isnt it any car that you can find driving on the streets?

No, for purposes of glitching and duping, when you hear "street" car, we are referring to any car that you can steal from the street AND drive into your garage. SO high end non-storeable cars are not street cars.
16. What is a dirty dupe or dirty plate?

A dirty dupe and dirty plate refer to the same thing. It is any car you have in your garages with a license plate that that has been "marked" by Rockstar as dirty.
Cars get "Marked" as dirty for the following reason:
You have more than one car with the exact same generic plate. By generic plate we mean the plate #'s assigned to the plate by the game. This happens when you dupe a car without putting a custom plate on it. The dupe gets the plate of the original resulting in 2 cars with the exact same plate.

17. Is there a way to avoid getting dirty dupes?

Yes. How you do this depends on what kind of glitch you are doing. If doing a give car to friends glitch (GC2F) where you are getting cars from a friend, Have your friend tell you the exact numbers and letters that are on the car he is going to give you. Then you go to your IFruit app and create the exact same plate. Next apply this plate to one of your cars PRIOR to doing any duping. This will "activate" this plate for your character.

If duping your own cars solo, just make sure the car you start with (original) has one of your custom plates on it.

18. What about selling these dupes? How to I avoid getting a sell limit?
This is very important and new rules that went into effect in early August 2018 can adversely affect you if you sell incorrectly. Bottom line is the game now tracks you last 7 sales and logs the model AND plate of those 7 cars. If you sell two that are exactly the same in both model AND Plate, you will be flagged. Therefore, own at least 8 custom plates and ensure that you apply these plates to your dupes BEFORE selling them. Keep track of which ones you sell in the order you sold them to ensure you don't repeat a make and model.
Rockstar will at some point fix glitches to stop us from duping cars or doing other glitches. They normally use what is called a Hotfix.You can prevent your console from receiving the hotfix by doing the following steps.

For Xbox, go into settings and under power options, set it to never turn off. Then when you are finished playing for the day, take your character into your apartment and have him watch TV. This will keep you console on forever or until you manually shut it down.

another option is to just put the game in Creator and leave that up. The screen wil have you in the clouds looking down on the city with a Creator menu at the top left of your screen.

For PS, put your system into rest mode. While still online in the game press the PS button, then go to your power options and put the PS4 into rest mode instead of shutting it down. (Thanks delewarebratboi for the info)​
While there is no way to guarantee you wont get banned or have money wiped, there are a few steps you can take to minimize the chance if it happening to you.

Never do glitches in a public lobby.

Never sell your duped cars in a public lobby. Guys will notice you driving back and forth between your garage and LSC and might report you.

Be careful helping out newbies. I know that we all started somewhere and newbies need help also. So I only help newbies when they are the ones doing the glitch. I don't let newbies help me do the glitch.

Set your privacy setting on Rockstar Social Club so NO One can see you stats.

Dupe in moderation. Depositing 100 million per day might put a target on you.

Never post your gamer tag in a public forum. Send a PM instead.

Dont do money lobbies where other players drop money on you. These guys get banned frequently​
logo.png

This thread is all about up-gradable Arena Wars & Benny's vehicles you can use to dupe...
Did you find a duplication glitch and want to know which vehicle to use for maximum profits? Or you might just wondering if you could use another vehicle to dupe and how high the sell value will be? You'll find the answers in this thread!

After reading "Everything you ever wanted to know about duping" you should know that using an up-gradable Arena Wars or Benny's vehicle is the way to get maximum profit and duping Super or Sports cars is definitely not!

Before selling any vehicles please make sure you fully understand Rockstars "Daily sell limit for Personal Vehicles system" by reading the following thread "Must read before duping or selling dupes"

This thread contains the following info:
  • Top 3 Best vehicles to dupe!
  • Top 3 Worst vehicles to dupe!
  • Sell values upgrade-able Arena Wars vehicles.
  • Sell values upgrade-able Benny's vehicles.
  • Info about creating a master vehicle.
  • Strategy guide for poor players.
  • Info about value drops.
  • Want more? Max out your sell value!
*Note*
I used a level 157 character with Arena War Sponsorship Tier 17 when I created the vehicles showed in this thread. I consider this character as an average player. I duped those vehicles using a free elegy with a merge glitch. If you're using a faggio or any other bought vehicle your sell value will be higher. If your dupes sells for ~50k more it might because you have less Arena Wars unlocks. Good for you!

1-Best.jpg

Weeny-Future-Shock-Issi-SV.png
2-Best.jpg

Vapid-Apocalypse-Slam-Van-SV.png
3-Best.jpg

Declasse-Nightmare-Impaler-SV.png

1-Worst.jpg

Pegassi-Tezeract-SV.png

2-Worst.jpg

Grotti-X80-Proto-SV.png

3-Worst.jpg

Imponte-Deluxo-SV.png

Arena-War-Website.jpg

Issi-Website.jpg

Weeny-Future-Shock-Issi-SV.png

Issi-Futureshock.jpg

Future-Shock-ISSI.jpg
Weeny-Apocalypse-Issi-SV.png

Issi-Apocalypse.jpg

Apocalypse-ISSI.jpg
Weeny-Nightmare-Issi-SV.png

Issi-Nightmare.jpg

Nightmare-ISSI.jpg

Slamvan-website.jpg

Vapid-Apocalypse-Slam-Van-SV.png

Slamvan-Apocalypse.jpg

Apocalypse-Slamvan.jpg
Vapid-Nightmare-Slam-Van-SV.png

Slamvan-Nightmare.jpg

Nightmare-slamvan.jpg
Vapid-Future-Shock-Slam-Van-SV.png

Slamvan-Future-Shock.jpg

Future-Shock-Slamvan.jpg

Impaler-Website.jpg

Declasse-Nightmare-Impaler-SV.png

Nightmare-Impaler.jpg

Nightmare-Impaler.jpg
Declasse-Apocalypse-Impaler-SV.png

Apocalypse-Impaler.jpg

Apocalypse-Impaler.jpg
Declasse-Future-Shock-Impaler-SV.png

Future-Shock-Impaler.jpg

Future-Shock-Impaler.jpg

Dominator-Website.jpg

Vapid-Apocalypse-Dominator-SV.png

Apocalypse-Dominator.jpg

Apocalypse-Dominator.jpg
Vapid-Nightmare-Dominator-SV.png

Nightmare-Dominator.jpg

Nightmare-Dominator.jpg
Vapid-Future-Shock-Dominator-SV.png

Future-Shock-Dominator.jpg

Future-Shock-Dominator.jpg

Gargoyle-Website.jpg

Western-Apocalypse-Deathbike-SV.png

Apocalypse-Deathbike.jpg

Apocalypse-Deathbike.jpg
Western-Nightmare-Deathbike-SV.png

Nightmare-Deathbike.jpg

Nightmare-Deathbike.jpg
Western-Future-Shock-Deathbike-SV.png

Future-Shock-Deathbike.jpg

Future-Shock-Deathbike.jpg

Rat-Truck-Website.jpg

Bravado-Apocalypse-Sasquatch.png

Sasquatch.jpg

Alert.png
When the current discounts are over, this will be updated.

Glendale-Website.jpg

Bravado-Apocalypse-Bruiser.png

Bruiser.jpg

Alert.png
When the current discounts are over, this will be updated.

BENNYs-Website.jpg

elegy-website.jpg

Annis-Elegy-Retro-Custom-SV.png

Elegy.jpg

Elegy.jpg

Faction-Website.jpg

Willard-Faction-Custom-Donk-SV.png

Donk.jpg

Donk.jpg
Willard-Faction-Custom-SV.png

Faction.jpg

Faction.jpg

Sultan-Website.jpg

Karin-Sultan-RS-Custom-SV.png

Sultan.jpg

Sultan.jpg

Sabre-Turbo-Website.jpg

Declasse-Sabre-Turbo-Custom-SV.png

Sabre.jpg

Sabre.jpg

Comet-Website.jpg

Pfister-Comet-Retro-Custom-SV.png

Comet.jpg

Comet.jpg

Moonbeam-Website.jpg

Declasse-Moonbeam-SV.png

Moonbeam.jpg

Moonbeam.jpg

Tornado-Website.jpg

Declasse-Tornado-Custom-SV.png

Tornado.jpg

Tornado.jpg

Voodoo-Website.jpg

Declasse-Voodoo-SV.png

(ADD IMG TOMORROW)

Primo-Website.jpg

Albany-Primo-Custom-SV.png

Primo.jpg

Primo.jpg

Buccaneer-Website.jpg

Albany-Buccaneer-SV.png

buccaneer-original.jpg

Buccaneer.jpg

Banshee-Website.jpg

Bravado-Banshee-900-R-SV.png

Banshee.jpg

Banshee.jpg

Slamvan-B-Website.jpg

Vapid-Slamvan-Custom-SV.png

Slamvan-Custom.jpg

Slamvan.jpg

Nero-Website.jpg

Truffade-Nero-Custom-SV.png

Nero.jpg

Nero.jpg

Virgo.jpg

Progen-Itali-GTB-SV.png

Virgo.jpg

Virgo.jpg

Itali-GTB-Website.jpg

Dundreary-Virgo-Classic-Custom-SV.png

Itali-GTB.jpg

Itali-GTB.jpg

Minivan-Website.jpg

Vapid-Minivan-Custom-SV.png

Minivan.jpg

Minivan.jpg

Chino-Website.jpg

Vapid-Chino-Custom-SV.png

Chino.jpg

Chino.jpg

Specter-Website.jpg

Dewbauchee-Specter-Custom-SV.png

Specter.jpg

Specter.jpg

Diabolus-Website.jpg

Principe-Diabolus-Custom-SV.png

Diabolus.jpg

Diabolus.jpg

FCR-1000-Website.jpg

Pegasus-FCR1000-Custom-SV.png

FCR-1000.jpg

FCR1000.jpg

Make sure if you're creating a master vehicle that there aren't any parts on sale. If you buy them when they are on sale it means your dupes will sell for less even when the sale is over!

Make sure you choose the most expensive upgrades, mostly they are at the bottom of the list but i.e. the EMP proximy mines are the most expensive mines but they are not at the bottom of the list!

Use the chrome high end rims called " Carbon S Racer" instead of Benny rims for a slightly higher profit.

The following parts don't add value:

• Neon lights
  • Plates
  • Respray
  • Wheel Color
  • Tire Smoke
  • Custom Tires
  • Window tint

Do you want to create a master vehicle but haven't got much money? Follow this strategy and you will have one in no time!

If you own some expensive super / sports or weaponized vehicles you can use them to get your money back. A duped X80 proto or T20 doesn't sell for much but the original one does! Just dupe those cars once, sell the original and keep the dupe to get some money to create a new master vehicle.

So you don't have any expensive cars to get your money back? Use the following method to get a fully upgraded Issi in just 3 days!

This can be done with any amount of money but it's highly recommended to start with at least 300k.

Day 1
  • Buy a Free Elegy
  • Buy as much upgrades as possible for 300k
  • Dupe your Elegy 4 times, sell 2 dupes, wait 2 hours and sell another 2 cars (150k each = 600k)
  • Buy as much upgrades as possible for 600k

Day 2
  • Dupe your Elegy car 4 times, sell 2 dupes, wait 2 hours and sell another 2 dupes (450k each = 1.8m)
  • Buy a Weeny Issi Classic
  • Buy as much upgrades as possible for 1.4m

Day 3
  • Dupe your Issi 4 times, sell 2 dupes, wait 2 hours and sell another 2 dupes (700k each = 2.8m)
  • Now you've got enough money to fully upgrade your Issi and sell for max profit!

*Important*
Stick to the 2 per 2 hours and 8 per 30 hours rule while selling your dupes!

If your dupes suddenly sells for a few 100k less then it's because there are some parts on sale. Check the Rockstar Newswire to see if they have some discounts on parts.

If your dupes sells for way less, then you might have reached an Exploit level. Please read the following thread carefully and ask your questions about Exploit levels in this thread: "Must read before duping or selling dupes"

So you like to have more? You can increase your sell value by using a original bought car instead of a free elegy while duping.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-20190802234506.jpg

This is definitely not the best money making method but a good way to max out the value per stored car.

The maximum vehicle sell value is set to 3.8m.
If you would like to create a 3.8m vehicle you need to dupe your vehicle over a expensive vehicle like the deluxo, scramjet, vigilante etc.

With this method you can even make a faggio worth over 3 million!

Note that a dupe of a 3.8m dupe will just sell for the normal price. (When using a free elegy)

I got some of those 3.8m cars in stock as a backup, in case of a money wipe, I can sell them to quickly get some money.

Selling the original car and dupe separately will result in a higher profit but with this method you can increase the value per sale. (Ideal for 1 car club members)

Let me know if you got any info that should belong in this thread, any feedback would also be much appreciated! (Please use a PM!)

Happy Duping :wink:
Here is a link to a fantastic thread put together by RishuP with detailed info on selling duped cars. NOTE: These values are correct for a Merge Glitch. In a Replacement Glitch they will be lower or in some cases unsellable. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/blueline-traders-gallery-duped-car-sells-price.1366304/
Special Thanks goes out to andxn who helped format this to make it easier to read. Also special thanks to RishuP for the really cool banner.

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Very nice detailed thread. Thanks for sharing, this will help a lot of people out. :smile:

delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Great post Gandalf! I just hope people actually take the time to read it!

ooooSTONYoooo

ooooSTONYoooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice one mate. Hopefully this will calme the threads down a bit.

Getting fed up scrolling past the same questions to get to answers about the actual glitch.

C

cracka brew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
awesome post. be prepared for the how do i and why cant i questions to roll in.:banghead: from the dupe thread we had, most on here dont read...

speedeman

speedeman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good idea! Add to it if anyone mentions something and maybe even get this stickied at some point. It would certainly reduce the hundreds of posts that appear I dupe threads over a couple days!

L

Leatherdeath123

Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible that having duped cars is preventing me from going in my garage?

mojowhojo

mojowhojo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice work... Now people can spend all their question time , LOOKING for the next best glitch.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Gandalf61 Gandalf61 , this is the type of thread I love to see. Great work :smile:

If I was to say anything though maybe some spoilers would make it slightly easier to navigate though this is completely up to you as it is still an incredibly detailed and well formatted thread.

ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything you ever wanted to know about dupe glitches in GTA 5
It seems that every time a new duplication glitch is found, the thread gets inundated with the same questions over and over again. So i thought I would put a detailed article that might serve as a reference to dupers. I know that th3butch3r did something like this some time ago but it seems to have been lost to the pages of time.

First of all, to understand how car dupe glitches work, you need to understand that there are two different types of Glitches.

1. A Merge Glitch​

2. A Replacement Glitch​

These glitches are different and they have different effects on the cars you are duping.​

In a Merge Glitch, you are tricking the game into thinking that your Panto, or whatever car you are duping, is a Rebel or any other legit bought car that you are using in the glitch.​

In a replacement Glitch, you are simply replacing one car for another. Similar to what happens when you drive a street car into a full garage and you get a message that the car needs to be replaced.​

Why is this important?

Since a merge glitch tricks the game, this glitch will bypass the 48 minute wait. Also, it will allow you to sell cars that exceed the $50,000 limit. This happens because the system thinks you are selling a less expensive care like the rebel.​

In a replacement glitch, you will not bypass the 48 minute wait and will get the $50,000 alert if you dupe a high end car.​

How do upgrades work?

If you are duping cars for money, you will want to make sure that the car you are duplicating is fully upgraded. To do this just drive the car you are duping from to LSC and buy everything you can on it. Some upgrades don’t add to the sell value but put them on anyway. You will get your money back.​

When duping the car, the upgrades get transferred to the duplicate car.​

Selling Duped Cars:

When selling a duped car, you will get 60% of the purchase price of the car and 60% of the money you spent on upgrades. To test this, go buy a million dollar adder and then take it to LSC to sell. You will see that you can get $600,000 (60%) for it.​

Here is where the type of glitch being done comes into play.​

In a Merge Glitch:​

If it is a merge glitch where you duplicate your adder over a rebel, (remember, the game now thinks the duped adder is a rebel), you would get 60% of the sell price of the rebel ($1800) plus 60% of the upgrades you put on the original.​

Since the value of the purchase price drops all the way to $1800 in a merge glitch, it is not a good idea to dupe your adders, T20’s etc over a rebel and sell them. The best way to make money in a Merge glitch is to own a fully upgraded Windsor and merge it into a rebel. You will be able to sell each Windsor for $241,000​

In a Replacement glitch:​

If it was just a replacement glitch, you would not be able to sell the duped Adder at all. Why? Because the system knows that it is an Adder and it exceeds the $50,000 limit. If you try to sell it, you will get a message saying so when you take it to LSC.​

The best way to make money in a Replacement Glitch is to own a fully upgraded Panto and dupe it. You will get $232,302 but will have to wait 48 minutes to sell each one.​

Giving Cars to Friends.

Sometimes a glitch will allow you to give one of your cars to a friend or allow one of your friends to give you one of his cars. You can do this to get cars to sell or get a car you don’t want to buy yourself. If you are getting cars from a friend to sell, make sure your friend is giving you a Panto or Windsor as you will be able to sell these.​

It the Glitch is a Merge Glitch, have your friend give you a Windsor if he has one.​

If the glitch is a replacement, you will not want to use the Windsor as you cant sell them in this type of a glitch. Use the Panto instead.​

Generally, give cars to friends are Merge Glitches but not always.​

Solo verses Two person Glitches.

This is exactly what it sounds like. In a solo glitch you can do it all by yourself. Some glitches will require two people. Merge glitches are seldom solo but there have been a few.​

Now to some FAQ’s

The answer is that it depends. If you duped the super car using a Merge glitch and merged the adder over a legit bought car then the answer is yes. If you used a Replacement glitch, the answer is no.​

This happens when you try to sell a dupe of a car that cost more than $100,000 originally AND you used a Replacement Glitch. If you are using a replacement Glitch, the most expensive car you can dupe and be able to sell is the Panto.​

This happens when you are trying to sell a car but already sold one within the last 48 minutes. You will get this message when you use a Replacement Glitch to duplicate cars. You will NOT get this message with a Merge Glitch because the system thinks your duped car is a legit bought car.​

You didn’t. What happened is that you accidently sold the original that you bought legit. When doing glitches, pay attention to where the legit original is in your garage.​

For a Merge glitch, the highest selling car is the Windsor. Fully upgraded will sell for
$241,000.​

For replacement Glitches, the best car to dupe for money is the Panto which will sell for
$232,000.​

6. I hear people selling duped Panto’s for $232,000 and Windsors for $241,000 but mine sells for less. Why?

This happens because the car you duped from was not fully upgraded. The upgrades that are commonly missed are the Jazz Loop Horn, Bullet Proof Tires, and Xenon Lights and the Chrome Carbon S wheels.​

7. Sometimes my duped Panto sells for $232,000 and other times it only sells for $225,000. Why?

If you duped your Panto using a Merge glitch, the car will lose some value because the system now thinks it’s a rebel or whatever car you merged it with. The car now gets the value of the Rebel plus the upgrades you applied to the Panto.​

If you duped your Panto using a Replacement Glitch it will sell for $232,000 because the dupe retained the sell value of the Panto.​

8. Why do some glitches only work in certain garages?

There is a difference in the animation between garages that are attached to an apartment and ones that are stand alone garages (Murrietta, poplar etc) Sometimes the length of time it takes for the car to go in or out can mess up the glitch or might be required for the glitch to work.​

There are two possibilities here. One is that you duped a car that is black listed. Examples of these cars are the Duke of Death, go go monkey Blista, Space Docker, Lost Slam van etc.​

The other possibility is that you duped a car that can only be obtained if you own the DLC that the car came in originally or it may have been a onetime Special Edition Car like the Roosevelt. Occasionally, glitches are found that will allow you to store these cars but they are almost always a Give Car to a Friend Glitch Merge Glitch.​

Plates, Window tint, Wheel Color, Tire Smoke, Custom Tires and Neon lights.​
Excellent work! This should be a megathread so next time we can redirect users amd eliminate the excessive and repetitive posts. Thank you for putting this together.

Rambo388

Rambo388

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wonder if the bosses can put this at the top of the glitch section and pin it up so people can find it easier and can read it befor they post making threads less trashed with theses common q@a
Thank you again for post know this will help some (the people who will actually read)

delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Good idea! Add to it if anyone mentions something and maybe even get this stickied at some point. It would certainly reduce the hundreds of posts that appear I dupe threads over a couple days!
Sadly I don't think this will stop any of the spamming in the dupe threads, but it is nice to be able to link to this instead of having to type a reply.

GoodYouCanRead

GoodYouCanRead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything you ever wanted to know about dupe glitches in GTA 5

First of all, to understand how car dupe glitches work, you need to understand that there are two different types of Glitches.

1. A Merge Glitch​

2. A Replacement Glitch​

These glitches are different and they have different effects on the cars you are duping.​

In a Merge Glitch, you are tricking the game into thinking that your Panto, or whatever car you are duping, is a Rebel or any other legit bought car that you are using in the glitch.​

In a replacement Glitch, you are simply replacing one car for another. Similar to what happens when you drive a street car into a full garage and you get a message that the car needs to be replaced.​

Why is this important?

Since a merge glitch tricks the game, this glitch will bypass the 48 minute wait. Also, it will allow you to sell cars that exceed the $50,000 limit. This happens because the system thinks you are selling a less expensive care like the rebel.​

In a replacement glitch, you will not bypass the 48 minute wait and will get the $50,000 alert if you dupe a high end car.​

How do upgrades work?

If you are duping cars for money, you will want to make sure that the car you are duplicating is fully upgraded. To do this just drive the car you are duping from to LSC and buy everything you can on it. Some upgrades don’t add to the sell value but put them on anyway. You will get your money back.​

When duping the car, the upgrades get transferred to the duplicate car.​

Selling Duped Cars:

When selling a duped car, you will get 60% of the purchase price of the car and 60% of the money you spent on upgrades. To test this, go buy a million dollar adder and then take it to LSC to sell. You will see that you can get $600,000 (60%) for it.​

Here is where the type of glitch being done comes into play.​

In a Merge Glitch:​

If it is a merge glitch where you duplicate your adder over a rebel, (remember, the game now thinks the duped adder is a rebel), you would get 60% of the sell price of the rebel ($1800) plus 60% of the upgrades you put on the original.​

Since the value of the purchase price drops all the way to $1800 in a merge glitch, it is not a good idea to dupe your adders, T20’s etc over a rebel and sell them. The best way to make money in a Merge glitch is to own a fully upgraded Windsor and merge it into a rebel. You will be able to sell each Windsor for $241,000​

In a Replacement glitch:​

If it was just a replacement glitch, you would not be able to sell the duped Adder at all. Why? Because the system knows that it is an Adder and it exceeds the $50,000 limit. If you try to sell it, you will get a message saying so when you take it to LSC.​

The best way to make money in a Replacement Glitch is to own a fully upgraded Panto and dupe it. You will get $232,302 but will have to wait 48 minutes to sell each one.​

Giving Cars to Friends.

Sometimes a glitch will allow you to give one of your cars to a friend or allow one of your friends to give you one of his cars. You can do this to get cars to sell or get a car you don’t want to buy yourself. If you are getting cars from a friend to sell, make sure your friend is giving you a Panto or Windsor as you will be able to sell these.​

It the Glitch is a Merge Glitch, have your friend give you a Windsor if he has one.​

If the glitch is a replacement, you will not want to use the Windsor as you cant sell them in this type of a glitch. Use the Panto instead.​

Generally, give cars to friends are Merge Glitches but not always.​

Solo verses Two person Glitches.

This is exactly what it sounds like. In a solo glitch you can do it all by yourself. Some glitches will require two people. Merge glitches are seldom solo but there have been a few.​

Now to some FAQ’s

The answer is that it depends. If you duped the super car using a Merge glitch and merged the adder over a legit bought car then the answer is yes. If you used a Replacement glitch, the answer is no.​

This happens when you try to sell a dupe of a car that cost more than $100,000 originally AND you used a Replacement Glitch. If you are using a replacement Glitch, the most expensive car you can dupe and be able to sell is the Panto.​

For a Merge glitch, the highest selling car is the Windsor. Fully upgraded will sell for
$241,000.​

For replacement Glitches, the best car to dupe for money is the Panto which will sell for
$232,000.​

6. I hear people selling duped Panto’s for $232,000 and Windsors for $241,000 but mine sells for less. Why?

7. Sometimes my duped Panto sells for $232,000 and other times it only sells for $225,000. Why?

If you duped your Panto using a Merge glitch, the car will lose some value because the system now thinks it’s a rebel or whatever car you merged it with. The car now gets the value of the Rebel plus the upgrades you applied to the Panto.​

If you duped your Panto using a Replacement Glitch it will sell for $232,000 because the dupe retained the sell value of the Panto.​

8. Why do some glitches only work in certain garages?

There are two possibilities here. One is that you duped a car that is black listed. Examples of these cars are the Duke of Death, go go monkey Blista, Space Docker, Lost Slam van etc.​

The other possibility is that you duped a car that can only be obtained if you own the DLC that the car came in originally or it may have been a onetime Special Edition Car like the Roosevelt. Occasionally, glitches are found that will allow you to store these cars but they are almost always a Give Car to a Friend Glitch Merge Glitch.​

Plates, Window tint, Wheel Color, Tire Smoke, Custom Tires and Neon lights.​
When there is a new dupe glitch, can this be a sticky in that thread?

mojowhojo

mojowhojo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Sadly I don't think this will stop any of the spamming in the dupe threads, but it is nice to be able to link to this instead of having to type a reply.

Haha... For these types of glitches, it's going to become 20% legit questions and 80% no answer but take a look at this link answers.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't think I'm not already thinking about it. I wouldn't have commented the way I first did if I did not see the potential of this thread but allow it to settle first please.

Top Bottom
Login
Register