What's new

Solved Ethernet Port HELP!!!!!

Skate Or Die!
Journalist Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i usually have a ethernet cable which runs down the side of my house. recently the cable hasnt been working and im not sure whether or not the problem is the ethernet port or the cable. should i go buy another cable??? or is it the port? if there was a problem with the port wouldn't a error code pop up?

help me out here. cheers

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
i usually have a ethernet cable which runs down the side of my house. recently the cable hasnt been working and im not sure whether or not the problem is the ethernet port or the cable. should i go buy another cable??? or is it the port? if there was a problem with the port wouldn't a error code pop up?

help me out here. cheers
You can get a cable for like $3, so I would buy another one and test it out. I bet it isn't your port, because they don't normally break unless you do something to it.

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Skate Or Die!
Journalist Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah im gonna go into the shops and get one. cheers. although would the xbox come up with a error code if there was a problem with the port?

flybikesbmx

flybikesbmx

Dude, Super Mario Bros is way better than xbox..
Reaction score
Sin$
No it wouldn't come up with an error code. If it still says there is a wired connection your port is fine. If the port is broken it just wont show up as plugged in.

B

blitzz1123

Reaction score
Sin$
well go buy one of those devices that test your ethernet cable to see if its good, if its good then its probably your router or spliter ect.

B

blitzz1123

Reaction score
Sin$
Have you reset your router? pulling out the plug of your router and wireless router (if you have a wireless one) for about 30 secs. itll give you a new ip, usually changes the last number, EX: 107-103

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You should at least test to see if any other connection method works as it could just be a software problem with your IP address like a conflict, or you may just want to reset your router. Normally I would never assumed that it's cable but the fact that it's outside it could actually be the case.

Also for future reference you can get all sorts of cables that are high quality and reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly cheap on Monoprice. I use them all the time.

monoprice.com

Top Bottom
Login
Register