Solved Ethernet cable mod "job failed to download"

• Thread starter brado380
  • Start date
  • Views 1,003
B

brado380

Reaction score
Sin$
i get the "job failed to download" problem when i am modding with my own tunables.json using an ethernet cable, anyone know how to fix this?

M

MagiicRTMs

Reaction score
Sin$
If your trying to do a job quit game shut off Apache and take prod.cloud.rockstargames.com out of hosts file and start the game back up

Upvote 0
XxSons_of_GunzxX

XxSons_of_GunzxX

*N0 GUTZ,N0 GLORY*
Reaction score
Sin$
If your trying to do a job quit game shut off Apache and take prod.cloud.rockstargames.com out of hosts file and start the game back up

Thanks so much bro ... I was really struggling to figure this out, Works the same was for Ps3 Too !!!

Upvote 0
Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to host a job for RP and getting the same error "job failed to download"

what do i do?

Upvote 0
XxSons_of_GunzxX

XxSons_of_GunzxX

*N0 GUTZ,N0 GLORY*
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to host a job for RP and getting the same error "job failed to download"

what do i do?

Upvote 0
M

MagiicRTMs

Reaction score
Sin$

what do i do?

Do the same thing i said to him quit game shut off apache and take prod.cloud.rockstargames.com out of hosts file and start up the game with mods still working hope it helped

Upvote 0
B

brado380

Reaction score
Sin$
Do the same thing i said to him quit game shut off apache and take prod.cloud.rockstargames.com out of hosts file and start up the game with mods still working hope it helped
how do you shut the game off?
do you dashboard or shut the console off?

Upvote 0
Cold Tactics

Cold Tactics

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
how do you shut the game off?
do you dashboard or shut the console off?

You don't have to shut anything off. Not your console nor the apache server. Simply go to your hosts file, and place a '#' symbol before the two lines you put in there. The ending result should look like what is below, after that, just save it and then you can start and mission at your leisure. You can do this from in the game, you don't have to go back to single player, dashboard, or anywhere else.

Code:
#192.168.***.* prod.cloud.rockstargames.com
#192.168.***.* prod.ros.cloud.rockstargames.com

Upvote 0
B

brado380

Reaction score
Sin$
You don't have to shut anything off. Not your console nor the apache server. Simply go to your hosts file, and place a '#' symbol before the two lines you put in there. The ending result should look like what is below, after that, just save it and then you can start and mission at your leisure. You can do this from in the game, you don't have to go back to single player, dashboard, or anywhere else.

Code:
#192.168.***.* prod.cloud.rockstargames.com

#192.168.***.* prod.ros.cloud.rockstargames.com
but I only have one line in the host filr will it still work with only one?

Upvote 0
Cold Tactics

Cold Tactics

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
but I only have one line in the host filr will it still work with only one?

If you're using usbwebserver then you should have two lines. Are you able to use and edit your own tunables.json? If so, then add both lines using your IPv4 address in the place of mine, and place a '#' symbol after loading single player at any time you want, then save.

Upvote 0
B

brado380

Reaction score
Sin$
If you're using usbwebserver then you should have two lines. Are you able to use and edit your own tunables.json? If so, then add both lines using your IPv4 address in the place of mine, and place a '#' symbol after loading single player at any time you want, then save.
I am using usbwebserver but I only need one line

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register