• Views 238
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DirtyBear

What does this do?
Reaction score
eswc-montreal-600px.jpg

After the past two events being successful for Counter Strike: Global Offensive, OXNET and Mondial des Jeux Loto Québec have come out publicly and said that they will hosting the CS:GO Electronic Sports World Cup Grand Finals in Montreal, Canada from July 9 until July 12, 2015.

There will be two international tournaments for the Mondial des Jeux Loto Québec and Just For Laughs Festival. The first tournament will be focused towards the best CS:GO teams in the world. These teams will be chosen through a number of qualifying tournaments and team applications. The second tournament is reserved for strictly women only teams.

Further details are yet to be announced such as the venue, official partners, prize pool, as well as the qualifiers that the teams will have to take part in. These details will be announced in the up and coming weeks.

Could this mean that women in eSports will get the spotlight as some of the well known male athletes or will they just remain in the shadows?

Source

S

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Thank you for your submission D DirtyBear , but I will not be promoting this to the Homepage. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

O

OneShot

n.n
Retired
Reaction score
There's been female teams at nearly every event recently. Copenhagen Games, Katowice, Clutch Con, etc. Having a female only event is the same thing the other tournaments have done (except for Clutch Con). I fail to see why the bit about female gamers is relevant at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom