Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Discussion Essential Crafting Herbs Map

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2' started by NorthernScript, Feb 5, 2019 with 6 replies and 3,165 views.

1. NorthernScript

NorthernScript Newbie

Ratings:

Here's a map locating all the herbs needed to craft all tonics and meats for gold cores. a few recipes have the "either or" option and for those i only chose the one's that where easier to find in abundance. hope this helps anyone looking to stock up on tonics before PvP matches. happy pickings !

UPDATED: made some additions to the map over time. added horse care and also re-mapped all the areas i already made due to r* adding more herbs in those locations. i wouldn't really say added, it seems i made the map while the animals nurf was in place, when they removed the nurf it seems they also nurfed herbs as well seeing as there are plenty more all over the place.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. llcubell

llcubell Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Too bad R* won't let us place custom markers on our maps in singleplayer or online. It'd be really nice if we had custom symbols to mark herbs, gang hideouts, etc. that would stick forever...

Anyway, thanks for this OP, I'll be using it!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  3. shiva1995

shiva1995 Newbie

Ratings:
    I find this bad too, custom symbols would be nice.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. OP
    NorthernScript

NorthernScript Newbie

Ratings:
    to clear up any further confusion, i have posted this on reddit under a different username than here. :smile:

5. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke retired boah. Retired

Ratings:
    Not sure if either of you figured this out, but this will also go out as a heads up to everyone else. You can now place the custom markers on your in-game map, the ones that look like little red GPS symbols, and they will stay saved forever until you decide to remove them. You are limited to placing 15-20 of them, something along those lines but I'm not sure of the exact number.

Pretty sure this was just changed within the last few weeks and it works in Online as well as Story Mode.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. llcubell

llcubell Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, you always could. In online they'd vanish, but that's likely been fixed.

What I don't like about these markers is that they can be seen on the mini map, also that they're one color, and one design. They have the groundwork for a better system, they just need to work on it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NostraKCS

NostraKCS Newbie

Ratings:
    An option to turn off Personal Markers on minimap would be so nice