What's new

Unsolved Error: No Applicable Update Data Was Found (PLSS HELP!!)

B

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i purchased a jailbroken ps3 a while back, it worked great, however I was doing something that made the OS go corrupt, so Im trying to reinstall the OS via Safe mode with a flash drive, however when I attempt, it gives me the error in the title. Ive researched this error for the past 4 hours and no solution found online has worked for me. The folders and file are all named correctly, and ive tried this process with 4 different flash drives with no luck. I dont know what is going wrong. Please someone help!!

UPDATE:
I was very hesitant about contacting sony with this issue because of the ps3 being jailbroken, however I did so anyway. We basically ran out of options and I was informed as a last resort to purchase an HDD to USB adapter and wipe the HDD then reformat it in the Console, so I will attempt that and return here to inform if it helped.

Last edited:
S

Scarfs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best advice would be to get a new hdd and jailbreak the ps3 again.

B

Bloodygamerzmodz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best advice would be to get a new HDD and jailbreak the ps3 again.
Thanks for the advice! I don't have the money for either adapter or a new HDD, so what I'm doing is giving my friend my HDD and he is putting it in his PC then wiping it and giving it back. I was also thinking of a potential alternative. Get ready, its a bit of a process. So the first thing would be to sideload Linux with a USB onto my laptop, that way I can just replace the HDD in my laptop from the one in my PS3 and still be able to use the computer because of the operating system running from a flash drive, not an HDD. From there I would load up Linux and completely wipe the HDD from there. This way is more of a process, however its a cheaper alternative if you happen to have a laptop and flash drive laying around.

J

jaring

Reaction score
Hey guys, so i purchased a jailbroken ps3 a while back, it worked great, however I was doing something that made the OS go corrupt, so Im trying to reinstall the OS via Safe mode with a flash drive, however when I attempt, it gives me the error in the title. Ive researched this error for the past 4 hours and no solution found online has worked for me. The folders and file are all named correctly, and ive tried this process with 4 different flash drives with no luck. I dont know what is going wrong. Please someone help!!

UPDATE:
I was very hesitant about contacting sony with this issue because of the ps3 being jailbroken, however I did so anyway. We basically ran out of options and I was informed as a last resort to purchase an HDD to USB adapter and wipe the HDD then reformat it in the Console, so I will attempt that and return here to inform if it helped.
H there,
if you are in (DEX) you just need to change back to (CEX) its fairly simple just gpo into reug toolbox and change your target id to (CEX) then try to install your update you should be all set

Top Bottom