What's new

Discussion Error Lui:

Derpy

xiiPuNiSh3Riix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was sitting in a multiplayer lobby with my friend looking at his emblems then it kick me out and said:
"Error LUI: Failed to allocate from pool!"
What does this mean?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was sitting in a multiplayer lobby with my friend looking at his emblems then it kick me out and said:
What does this mean?
It means that you failed to allocate from the pool.

J

Jwow

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What does this mean?
It means that you failed to allocate from the pool.

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
After a bit of looking around all that I can find is a bunch of World of Warcraft crap. Are you sure it was 'Lui'. I'll do a bit more looking but I'm not sure I will find anything.

I'd have to assume that "Failure to allocate from pool" would be something to do with the kernel memory on the servers. That's the only way that I can see 'pool' come into it.

Overall I'd have to say that it's a memory allocation issue on the server. Your friends emblem probably didn't upload correctly or your xbox was probably having trouble connecting to the server and reading the information correctly.

Coal

Coal

Regional Manager
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
After a bit of looking around all that I can find is a bunch of World of Warcraft crap. Are you sure it was 'Lui'. I'll do a bit more looking but I'm not sure I will find anything.

I'd have to assume that "Failure to allocate from pool" would be something to do with the kernel memory on the servers. That's the only way that I can see 'pool' come into it.

Overall I'd have to say that it's a memory allocation issue on the server. Your friends emblem probably didn't upload correctly or your xbox was probably having trouble connecting to the server and reading the information correctly.
Either that or you failed to allocate from pool.

Derpy

xiiPuNiSh3Riix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Yes it was a LUI.
Here is a picture I took when it happened:
IMG_0247.jpg

M

Millerboy3

Reaction score
Sin$
ezYxpl.jpg

thats what hes talking about i just got it.

it clearly says Error
LUI: Failed to allocate from pool!

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Well hot damn.

LUI could stand for local user interface. If the error occurred when looking at someone else's emblem it's possible that the user interface associated couldn't be pulled because of a memory error on the server. I don't think this is likely though, I assume that all of the user interfaces would be stored on disc?

I'm just taking guesses here.

EDIT:

It could also mean logical user identification. If this is the case then it's possible that when your xbox asked for the emblem and player data to be pulled either (a) your identification wasn't valid or (b) the associated identification for the player whose emblem you were trying to pull wasn't valid or indexed. With a server memory error it's possible that there was nothing to check your identification against, therefore it couldn't be verified.

M

Millerboy3

Reaction score
Sin$
i was simply idling in a lobby with 2 friends when it happened to me.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
This is supposed to be fixed in the new update coming out.

SKUNN3R

Tsp x ISkuNn3RI

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

yes it was lui i had the same error like 4 times .

Top Bottom
Login
Register