What's new
Eddy Neddy

Eddy Neddy

Reaction score
Sin$
So, I decided to softmod my Xbox about a few months ago and I decided to install XBMC using the Auto Installer Deluxe USB version (and Splinter Cell) and got all the way through to have it successfully work. Later on, I decided I didn't want XBMC and wanted UnleashX. I decided to uninstall the softmod and reinstall it. I got as far as to after booting up Splinter Cell and you know, pressing, "a," on, "Checkpoints," the screen went white and then restarted Splinter Cell. I decided to then recopy the files back onto the Xbox hard drive because maybe I thought it was a problem with the files (such as a softmod uninstallation issue). About a month or to later, after giving up on softmodding it, I decided to power up the Xbox and well, it somehow booted to the XBMC Dashboard. The DVD/CD drive wasn't detected though. I decided to then use a disc I got from eBay that was an unofficial softmod installer (something I didn't use). I then decided to use it to go as far to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall the 5960 dashboard and when upon rebooting, it gave me error code 21. I was able to get to boot from the Splinter Cell game and got it to the point where I could restart the softmod. Once again, it rebooted the game like it did before. Once I was able to exit the game somehow, I got to the 5960 dashboard. I tried recopying the files yet again to restart the softmod. It didn't work when I tried Splinter Cell, again, it rebooted/restarted the game. I don't think I even have a working backup of the eprom. I would try the hotswap method to fix it last because I don't want to have to get an old 1996 - 2003ish PC. Any ideas on fixing this?

Eddy Neddy

Eddy Neddy

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the suggestion, but I used Ndure Softmod NTSC SC exploit.

I used it to install UnleashX and got it successfully install except one thing, the sound. No sound effects are present probably because after unlocking the shadow C, it failed at copying like, "E:\Place Your File Here," which probably had the sound effects. Do you know how to fix this?

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

I used it to install UnleashX and got it successfully install except one thing, the sound. No sound effects are present probably because after unlocking the shadow C, it failed at copying like, "E:\Place Your File Here," which probably had the sound effects. Do you know how to fix this?

there are no sounds, because there is no microsoft dashboard in C drive. You can try to find softmod disc, that have option to reinstall microsoft dashboard files. Otherwise, why bother. :smile:

Eddy Neddy

Eddy Neddy

Reaction score
Sin$
I mean what does error code 112 mean? No dashboard files? BTW, are most hard drives compatible when well, upgrading to get more space on the XBOX?

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean what does error code 112 mean? No dashboard files? BTW, are most hard drives compatible when well, upgrading to get more space on the XBOX?
for you second question yes you can. I believe I have seen people put 2tb in theirs but I would play it save and put like a 500 in it.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
for you second question yes you can. I believe I have seen people put 2tb in theirs but I would play it save and put like a 500 in it.
You can put in a 2 TB, but better to do it in a TSOP or chipped box as the compatibility is higher on hardmodded boxes than soft modded boxes. HeXen 2017 I believe has a repair option for fixing errors (like installing the MS Dash again), or you could get a EPPROM reader and make a new HDD with the keys and MS Dash files on XBOXHDM 2.3 beta 2 (USB version, I’ve ran it on WIN 10 and USB).

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You can put in a 2 TB, but better to do it in a TSOP or chipped box as the compatibility is higher on hardmodded boxes than soft modded boxes. HeXen 2017 I believe has a repair option for fixing errors (like installing the MS Dash again), or you could get a EPPROM reader and make a new HDD with the keys and MS Dash files on XBOXHDM 2.3 beta 2 (USB version, I’ve ran it on WIN 10 and USB).

i don't think 2TB hdd boot times will be satisfying. Optimal would be 500gigs, at least for me.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i don't think 2TB hdd boot times will be satisfying. Optimal would be 500gigs, at least for me.
Have you replaced the IDE 40 wire cable with an 80 wire? That’s what I did even to the stock HDD and I noticed a faster boot time on a few TSOPs I have.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you replaced the IDE 40 wire cable with an 80 wire? That’s what I did even to the stock HDD and I noticed a faster boot time on a few TSOPs I have.

yeah, 80pin. Tutorials say that 40pin cable doesn't work with sata adapter on xbox.

KaosEngineeer

KaosEngineeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You'll need to install/upload a copy of the MS Dashboard files to C:\ - search for "Clean C and E files for Xbox".

Top Bottom
Login
Register