Blaze

Blaze

In your mind
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Jtaggers out their what's the best way to fix a rrod I'm trying to get it jagged and i dont want it overheat on me?

Discuss i know I'm teh noob

ZephyrModz

ZephyrModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha, same problem man. Everyone says X-clamp fix or towel trick but towel worked for about 3 minutes. I need torx tools for X=clamp though

PtakacS

PtakacS

Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
towel trick can harm your xbox in the long run take the time to follow Scarred"s (i think that is his username) tut on the xclamp fix. I use that exact method and fix TONS of 360s once you get it down good you can start charging on craigslist
cool.gif

FauxAffliction

FauxAffliction

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Jtaggers out their what's the best way to fix a rrod I'm trying to get it jagged and i dont want it overheat on me?

Discuss i know I'm teh noob
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Xbox+360+0102+fix+tutorial 0102 is the most common error code for 360's. That information is incredible easy to find. As for the overheating thing I would recommend download the fan speed xex hack. You can google that also. Or get a whisper fan.

P

pure3d2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
towel trick can harm your xbox in the long run take the time to follow Scarred"s (i think that is his username) tut on the xclamp fix. I use that exact method and fix TONS of 360s once you get it down good you can start charging on craigslist
cool.gif

I recommend that you do the hybrid fix instead. You can get a kit from xbox-experts or you can make your homemade one by following the tutorial found here

For the screws, you can get #10-32 5/8" flat head machine screws if you are in the USA (metric screws cost more). You won't need to get the spring washers. For the standoffs, you can drill them away and sand them flat. I don't recommend that you try to sand them away by hand using 400 grit paper--you'll be doing it all day.

There are some videos posted at the top of that tutorial. DO NOT overheat your console like the x-clamps replacement fix tells you to do.

Trust me, I've fixed over 100 xbox360s using a reflow station. I can't tell you how many broken consoles I get that already have this x-clamps replacement "fix" on them. This method flexes the motherboard, which is bad.

Summary:

Towel trick = worst thing you can do to a 360, with exception of this
x-clamps replacement fix = bad method because it forces the motherboard to flex
Hybrid Advanced/Extreme fix = best easy DIY method, keeps the motherboard flat
Reflow = better fix
Reball = nearly permanent fix (some reballs still fail after a while)

Top Bottom
Login
Register