• Start date
  • Views 1,774
Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
so i got a 3 rrod xbox 2nd error code is 0020 i have done the xclamp fix to it already so now is there anything else i need to do or check for or should i just get it reflowed???

Mattch

Mattch

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
so i got a 3 rrod xbox 2nd error code is 0020 i have done the xclamp fix to it already so now is there anything else i need to do or check for or should i just get it reflowed???

Description:

This error is caused by a bridged solder joint under CPU, GPU or one of the RAM bricks.
This effect can also be caused by tin whiskers leading to shorts and if the GPU was taken off the mainboard this error will also show up.
It can also be power related(the CPU/GPU or RAM isnt getting enough power). Can also be a component that is missing or damaged so look for missing and bridged parts near the GPU.
If the console was jtagged and the resistors and cables are still connected it will show 0020, the parallel port can stay as long as no PC is connected.

Known fixes:

1)If you worked on the mainboard recently(soldered or so) remove these wires because you might be drawing too much power from the GPU
Also look for missing/bridged components like capacitors/resistors
2) If you jtagged the console remove wires and resistors, the parallel port can stay as long as no PC is connected.
3) X-Clamp replacement
4) Flush with alcohol, let dry, begin Relow with flux like below
5) Reflow GPU (and RAM if this fails) area
6) Reball the GPU and RAM, for bridged solder

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Contact [member=icy-tank]. He runs the number one repair shop on 7s. He is the only person I send my RRoD consoles to. His shop can be found by clicking "my recommended 360 shops" in my signature, and his repair shop is included in the list.

Top Bottom
Login
Register