Dismiss Notice
A Message from Viotek
At Viotek, we’re gamers at heart. That’s why we’re extremely excited to be teaming up with Se7enSins, a gaming community created by gamers, for gamers. Their focus? Bringing high-quality content and discussion to the industry. That’s exactly how we feel about our monitors and gaming peripherals. From making high-performing curving monitors more affordable, to breaking all rules with color-rich TN panels. In the coming weeks, we’ll be working with Se7enSins to deliver branded content, promotions and contests to their diverse, tight-knit community. For us, it’s more than a game. It’s life. Save $20 on your next purchase using the link below. Valid through May 31st. https://amzn.to/2Hxxxyx

Error 66

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by nxxb, Jun 16, 2009 with 3 replies and 298 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    I have a Toshiba-Samsung drive that was flashed with ix1.4 and it worked fine but then I upgraded to ix1.6 and now it gives me error 66. Is there anyway I can fix it besides re-flashing to 1.4 or OF? Thanks.

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    E66: DVD Drive Error: DVD model, or version does not match that of the version expected by the dashboard. OR the firmware version on the drive is older then the firmware version expected by the dashboard. Make sure the DVD drive is of the same version originally included with the console and that it is using either the original firmware included with the console or newer.

Your drive was spoofed. Therefore if you didn't spoof it to be recognized as the other drive then this happens. Hope you remembered your original drive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    Oh that's right my bad I smoked a little before doing it haha. Yeah I forgot to spoof it to a Lite-on lol, thanks man.

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz VIP VIP Retired

Ratings: