energy sword

Discussion in 'Halo 2' started by helldemon, Jan 15, 2009 with 17 replies and 569 views.

1. helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how do i get the energy sword to shoot from a weapon so that when it hits you it hurts you......???? can someone help me

2. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

ACooKiEXMoNsTaR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that you go to the proj tag and go to the projectile that u want to make an energy sword and change the HTML of it To that of the sword

3. mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    not many projectiles have a hlmt tag. theres brute shot grenade, rocket projectile, and frag and plasma grenades. so dublicate rocket projectile (because its the only one of the group that doesnt arc). change the hlmt of the rocket projectile to energy sword and link it to your weapon of choice. then you might want to speed up the rate of fire of which your weapon fires at so you have a good stream of swords. and thats all it takes :smile:

remember, only VISIBLE projectiles have HLMTs

4. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what program do i do it in dot halo or another program

5. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    You can use entity to douplicqte the rocket then use dot halo to edit the HTML of the rocket or you could use entity I just found that dot halo is easyer for me to use

6. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im trying so hard to get this right but i guess i just suck a it...:mad:

7. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    Ok first open your map in entity I would use 1.6 but that's just me(it deodnt really matter what entity you use) then scroll down to the proj tag and right click the rocket projectile and click douplicate once that's done close entity then open your map in dot halo then scrolldown to your proj tag avian then you want to look for your douplicated rocketand click on it, it will have a (1) at the end of it the name then you want to goto the dependency swap/lone Id window and at the top will be your HTML click on that and swap it with the energy sword HTML save resign and FTP and try out ur new mod

8. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so that should work... ill try it with my old maps i dont do new maps anymore just old

what do i duplicate when i open the proj rocket.... i dont get it

the duplicated one isn't there in dot halo the one i did in entity

9. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    on the left side where you select the rocket projectile just right click the rocket taft then it will have an option to douplicate it

10. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i cant find it in dot halo.. under the projectile tag

11. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    first open entity then open your map and scroll down to the proj tag and douplicate the rocket projectile
    [attachment=598:4/0/2/6/4/1284.attach]
    then close entity and open dot halo and go down to the douplicated rocket tag (1) and in the dependincey change the html to that of the sword
    [attachment=599:4/0/2/6/4/1285.attach]

sorry for the crappy pics but its just to show you where the tags are

12. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    am i suppose to change it from rocket projectile to energy sword and speed the initial and final speed up?

13. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    yes but you dont have to change the speed but you can if you want to

14. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok im doing it for old maps and i dont want to waste a disc if it doesnt work

15. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    You can put halo 2 on your hard drive
    But I need to know what dash you have (Evolution x or unleash x)?

16. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i dont have a dash anymore... i just do discs

i did what you said and i went to inject in to the raw dump and it said it was bigger so i couldnt inject it

17. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

Ratings:
    You don't have to inject anything just change the HTML of the douplicated rocket

18. OP
    helldemon

helldemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    my bad im making a disc for old maps.... and it wont let me inject cause it is to big but ill just have to do it to new maps... f***