• Thread starter Wonder Boys
  • Start date
  • Views 6,176
W

Wonder Boys

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Reaction score
Sin$
I first experienced/mentioned these just after the patched dropped (in this post) and here is a much better explanation now that plenty of people have discovered them.

These missions can be activated in any of the 4 Patrol Zones, on Earth, the Moon, Venus, and Mars. Your location does not matter, you must simply complete Patrol missions on a single planet until you receive the Encrypted Patrol transmission. The lowest number of Patrol missions I have completed before receiving a transmission is three, the highest is eight.

If you are having trouble getting these missions to spawn, try completing a variety of patrol objectives, not just slaughter and scan types, the new Patrol type, Overcharge / Energy Collection (aka Sparrow Race), seems to help trigger them faster if completed at higher tiers (the Energy Collection missions have 5 stages, completing them all resulted in my shortest time to activate a transmission).

These missions have three stages, which will vary in objective, over time, or as you clear parts of the objective, it will unscramble and provide you with the title / objective of the stage.

Objectives included are as follows:
- Kill Enemies (Generic)
- Kill Enemies (Specific Race)
- Kill Majors / Ultras
- Kill a Specific Named Major (a mini Boss)
- Kill Enemies with Precision Damage
- Spawn Orbs of Light
- Loot Corpses (Same as Collector Patrol missions)
- Collect Resources (Material Nodes and Loot Caches)
- Express Yourself (Use any Emote such as Wave, Point, or Dance)
- If you have run into an objective that isn't listed here, please post it and i'll add it!

In my experience, the fastest way to get through these missions is by process of elimination. First, every time you receive a new objective, Dance immediately, if that's the objective, it will clear, you don't need to unscramble any letters. For everything else, I suggest you first kill enemies, then kill enemies with headshots, then kill a major, if none of that caused the objective to tick, then the objective is most likely Collect Resources, and when you approach an active Resource Node or Loot Cache it will begin to unscramble. Barring all that, the objective will be a mini boss, search it out in the zone you are in and immediately adjacent zones.

As of now, there are NO KNOWN REWARDS for completing these missions, the rewards seem to be glitched right now, just like standard Patrols, or, the rewards have not unlocked yet because they are dependent on TTK.

They look like this (terrible long video but it gives you the idea).

Has anyone else come across them yet?

xl COOLWHIP

xl COOLWHIP

Passin that weed, like I studied.
Reaction score
Sin$
Had no idea ab this because I don't bother with patrols. Thanks ks for pointing it out

xl COOLWHIP

xl COOLWHIP

Passin that weed, like I studied.
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got one. Pretty cool. Cant wait to see what the rewards will be

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
As of now, there are NO KNOWN REWARDS for completing these missions, the rewards seem to be glitched right now, just like standard Patrols, or, the rewards have not unlocked yet because they are dependent on TTK.
They aren't 'glitched' they're purposely turned off until 9/15. :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register