Discussion Egypt, V2, and Dunkirk

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: WWII' started by Atlas, Apr 18, 2018 with 3 replies and 570 views.

1. Atlas

Atlas Local Rivethead VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Besides Anthropoid, I feel like these new maps are the best in the game. I can’t fathom how most of the disc maps are pretty eh whereas these are somehow good enough to make me feel like I’m playing an older CoD.

To elaborate, Egypt has lots of extra little paths in between the three major lanes. Not to mention, there are smaller almost hidden paths that you can take to get some elevation advantages. There’s plenty of cover to use and move around.

V2 is a small map done right. It has varying levels of elevation and encourages objective play. Domination on this map is a lot of fun. The B flag is on the center of the map where players have to fight over two levels of a room with multiple entrances and catwalks. The V2 rocket can even be activated with the use of a button and it will incinerate players below. Not to mention, the map is basically 5 lanes with plenty of ways to weave in out of line of sight.

Dunkirk is a sniper friendly map, but not too friendly. The beach area can be crossed by using cover and going prone but you need to be stealthy about it. The town area is all about close quarters and has a street and buildings to go through. Parts prrhe buildings have second floors as well with balconies.

Why this type of design wasn’t put into the main game’s maps besides a couple I won’t understand.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Credit 00

Credit 00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's the first time that DLC maps are better then the disc originals in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 3xTiNcT

3xTiNcT Sad girl Staff

Ratings:
    Looking forward to playing them when I get the chance in about a month.
    Maybe they made these maps to match the way they reworked the game but I'm sure these maps were done way before that even came to thought.

4. OP
    Atlas

Atlas Local Rivethead VIP Retired

Ratings:
    They will be worth the wait, at least IMHO.

And I don’t know. Maybe. Honestly I don’t even make use of the unlimited sprint for these maps. You can get a lot done by using cover. Seems other players are doing the same even though they can run as much as they want (at least on these maps).

• Like Like x 1