What's new

Solved editing weapons/vehicles img

K

kleo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Ive dl mods that have xtd mods in weapons/vehicles.img. But when i tried to make my own textures it gets corrupt and just freeze my game. Why is this is there a certain way of editing these xtd files. There the only files i cant get xtd mods to work on plzz help
for original iv not ballad

M

Mr J Smallwood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You edit XTD's by opening then on the "XTD Editor program" and then extract that certain image and then edit it with photoshop but i think for your photoshop you will have to download a "DDS" plugin.

K

kleo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You edit XTD's by opening then on the "XTD Editor program" and then extract that certain image and then edit it with photoshop but i think for your photoshop you will have to download a "DDS" plugin.
Thats pretty much what I do every time. It worked for loading screens,hud,sky and all that. But i try for these two files it just fails horribly

K

kleo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And all im editing is benson and mule xtd files. You know the pics on the side of the vehicles and some weapon camos but it just fails Ive wasted like 4 disks. Usually ill try to figure it out but I got 1 disk left so this is my last resort.

M

Mr J Smallwood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And all im editing is benson and mule xtd files. You know the pics on the side of the vehicles and some weapon camos but it just fails Ive wasted like 4 disks. Usually ill try to figure it out but I got 1 disk left so this is my last resort.
What exactly happens when you edit these textures ? does it freeze apon loading or when you get near the vehicle ?

K

kleo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly happens when you edit these textures ? does it freeze apon loading or when you get near the vehicle ?
During loading screens. Sometimes it wont even get that far it will fail when installing. Ive noticed that when i replace a dds some other files look all ****ed up could this be the prob

M

Mr J Smallwood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During loading screens. Sometimes it wont even get that far it will fail when installing. Ive noticed that when i replace a dds some other files look all ****ed up could this be the prob
Yes indeed it is a problem. Try using another "ISO" or you might just need to use a clean vehicles.img and then try. If i was you i would get a clean vehicles.img and edit the mule.xtd and then put it back in and then give it a try.

K

kleo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what I did was extracted mule_signs_1.dds first then I replaced mule_signs.dds witch is the modded one. Then mule_signs_1 got all ****ed up. So I replaced it with the mule_signs_1.dds that I extracted first and then mule_signs_4.dds got ****ed. So I just restarted and took a fresh mule.xtd. I extracted mule_signs_1.dds and mule_signs_4.dds replaced mule_signs.dds witch is the actual modded one. Then replaced mule_signs_1.dds then mule_signs_4.dds and it looks all good you think it will work. if u even know what i said lol

K

kleo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna test but i got only 1 disk left. Can any one help me with this

Top Bottom