Discussion Editing Handling.dat on original gta

• Thread starter GtA GuY
  • Start date
  • Views 1,684
G

GtA GuY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking into v1.1 modz and they got some good drift cars ect but i was wondering is there anyway i can have my own choice of drift cars with in that file without corruption. ive tried twice and i get endless loading. please help +rep for a very good answer or the best help :tongue: .
If you do know how to change what cars drift and what not and wont say if i told you what i wanted could you do it for me if possible. THANKS :biggrin:

M

Metalbird

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
When editing the 'handling.dat' for Original GTA IV, Once you hace added all the handling lines you want for your desired cars, save it.
Then you right-click the 'handling.dat' you just edited and look at the size, It has to be exactly the same size as an original un-modded one.

Here is a picture of what size the file should be:
handling.jpg

Once you have seen the file size of your handling file, and it is not exactly the same size as the one stated above in the picture you need to edit the file a bit more.

In the 'handling.dat', anywhere where it has a " ; " (Without quotes) at the start of the line can either be edited or deleted. Each character in the 'handling.dat' is worth 1 Byte of size, So by keep deleting/adding, saving and checking the size you will be able to reach the file size in which will not flag the patch.

If you need further information just say what you need to know.

Hope this helped, :wink:

p.s I could make you a 'handling.dat' file if needed.

I

Intoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got to keep the file at 41,386bytes in size for it not to loop.
Never mind he got you.

G

GtA GuY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
When editing the 'handling.dat' for Original GTA IV, Once you hace added all the handling lines you want for your desired cars, save it.
Then you right-click the 'handling.dat' you just edited and look at the size, It has to be exactly the same size as an original un-modded one.

handling.jpg

Once you have seen the file size of your handling file, and it is not exactly the same size as the one stated above in the picture you need to edit the file a bit more.

In the 'handling.dat', anywhere where it has a " ; " (Without quotes) at the start of the line can either be edited or deleted. Each character in the 'handling.dat' is worth 1 Byte of size, So by keep deleting/adding, saving and checking the size you will be able to reach the file size in which will not flag the patch.

Thank you so much.... you go that rep :biggrin:
You got to keep the file at 41,386bytes in size for it not to loop.
Never mind he got you.
Thanks dude.. :smile:

M

Metalbird

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get stuck on anything else just ask away, :wink:

J

Jake

Reaction score
Hi,

handling.jpg

p.s I could make you a 'handling.dat' file if needed.
Very thorough answer Metalbird, nice :smile:

Top Bottom