Editing BSP Visual Mesh - Entity Won't Inject - Possible?

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by MaNgO MadDnEsS, Dec 30, 2008 with 4 replies and 641 views.

1. MaNgO MadDnEsS

MaNgO MadDnEsS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey, I extracted dune's visual meshes (from BSP) in entity, with hopes to remodel the tower on dune. I know I cannot change the collision, so i only made subtle changes to the model. Now I tried to inject them back, so I went to inject BSP visual meshes, and selected the correct folder. Now, at this point, I receive an error saying that dune[16] could not be found - the thing is that dune[16] was never extracted in the first place.

Is visual mesh editing possible? Am I doing it the most efficient way? Why can't I inject the meshes?

2. joey4785

joey4785 Getting There

Ratings:
    you can change the collision of the tower you would have to extract the BSP collision and open up the .mtl in notepad than open the collision model find a vertexs coordinantes than find it in notepad and drop it down to where you want

Use Misfit to find the coordinantes tothe vertexs its a free program [Click here to view the link]

It is possible to inject visual also

#1 make sure you are using the latest version of entity [Click here to view the link]
    #2 Send me a picture of your extracted BSP folder if Entity fails

3. OP
    MaNgO MadDnEsS

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Thats my folder, dune[16].obj is missing.

4. LoLLeRo

LoLLeRo Banned

Ratings:
    It's there. For me at least. <_<

5. OP
    MaNgO MadDnEsS

Ratings:
    What do you mean? When you extract it, you have dune[16].obj?

Maybe I need a new dune.map?

Or if you wouldn't mind uploading your dune[16].obj for me, that would be great.