Discussion Edit your "Games Played"

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Jessiah331, Jun 28, 2009 with 19 replies and 1,068 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessiah331

Jessiah331 Getting There

Ratings:
    So I'm new to Hex, but I'm working my :confused:cared:confused:s off to try and figure this one out.

How would you make it appear as if you've played a game, even if you haven't. To be broad, let's say I want to appear as if I've played that new UFC game. I don't own it, but I just want to make it look like I have.

On a specific scale, and you knew it was coming: Halo ODST (and Reach)

The code for the ODST (.gsp?) file is D530877 (Halo 3 is D5307E6) Halo: Reach is D53085B

Anybody know what to do with these? And please, leave the flames at the door. I think that (as a modding community) we should work together for good times like this, and walk right through open doors that MicroHard leaves unattended.

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    there are several spots in your profile that have something to do with each title. You have specific title entries with various information about total achievements, gamerscore, and all that good title-specific ****; then you have each title listing, and then the gpd that's specific to each title itself. you're delving into quite a new area here, being that full profile editing and modification is still limited to a few people (ie people that know enough to even start researching this), with most of them either haven't started looking into this kinda thing (news story came out when, a day ago?), and those that have will probably keep it secret until either it proves beneficial to themselves (ie SuperModder), or until they can replicate the work to a completely viable application (other modders) to eventually release to the public.
    I haven't had much time to do research of almost any kind lately, but I am trying to find time to finally finish the profile tool, let alone get into something such as that.
    Either way, just give it time. I don't think many people have yet been able to replicate that *glitch*, and of those that do, aren't willing to share that information.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Jessiah331

Jessiah331 Getting There

Ratings:
    Time is all we have! Thanks for your honest (and kind) response.

Anyways, it's still something that would be nice to see done before fall!

4. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It can obviously be done now.

5. OP
    Jessiah331

Jessiah331 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yes, I know! And I feel like that should be the driving force for us. Not just for ODST (as fun as that will be) but to do it with later games as well!!!

6. EW Iconic

EW Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
  7. OP
    Jessiah331

Jessiah331 Getting There

Ratings:
    I can screenshot in a sec, but I found about 16 instances of '4D5307E6' in both Hex and Text!

EDIT: Ok, apparently the Hex string of "4D5307E6" yields "MS.." in text. I don't think that's Halo related, just coincidence?

And I came out with 2 instances of 4D5307E6.gpd... Which one means what?

So confusing!

8. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    I have already made a thread asking how you can hex in games that you have never played before. I think it isn't possible... yet. I just wanted to add more games for my gamerscore. Lol

9. Sfunx

Sfunx Enthusiast

Ratings:

Someone's already done it. So it is possible it's just probly really f'in hard.

10. OP
    Jessiah331

Jessiah331 Getting There

Ratings:
    Like he said, it's been done. And I don't think that the act of doing it is hard... we just have a lack of information.

Trying to keep a learning edge:
    First thing first, what all is stored under a 'played game' tab. I think I'm gonna try to take information (copy and paste?) and place it under another profile. Like, I haven't played GTA IV on one account, so I'm gonna try to hex GTA IV into it (since I have all the information for it on the account that has played it)

How's that sound for a start?

11. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Good Luck. Let me know if that works or not. I have already tried to copy over everything from one account to another, hexing in the profile too, but try it.

12. qb reSync dp

qb reSync dp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Actually, Profile Tool 9.6 can add games to your previously played list, or can add them and add all 1000/1000+ GS for them.

It is possible, but I do not, unfortunately, know how to do it with a HexEditor or any other way, sorry.
    PS Just thought I would help :wink:
    PSS Thank me if I helped :wink:

13. JizzaBeez

JizzaBeez Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I found this... ALL credits to whomever wrote it.

Tutorial:

This tutorial is going to be step by step so it is 100% visible of what you are meant to do.

• To begin, sign into Xbox Live using the account you want to add a game on.

• Now sign out of Xbox live. (make sure you are still signed in on the account, sometimes playing games or returning to the dashboard can sign you back into Live so its best to detach your Ethernet adapter)

• Now play any game you wish offline, it doesn't matter just any. (For an example I am going to play Halo 3 offline, also make sure it is a game that isn't at the top of your recent games list, so if Halo 3 was the last game you played before you went offline use a different game)

• Once you have played your selected game, sign out completely and move your profile onto your computer.

• Now open up your profile in a hex editor (Hex workshop preferably)

• Before you can do anything, I want you to find out the game ID of the game you recently played, you can do this many ways by either using GPI or Xbox.com, or on Xport360 it will be the folder name. For example the game ID for Halo 3 is (4d5307e6)

• Once you have found the ID of your chosen game search for that ID in hexadecimal in hex workshop, keep searching until you find the game ID next to the game name. For example I found this: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/bfbdd07c83.jpg

• Once you have found the ID for your chosen game swap it for the ID of the game you want to be in your games list, for example I am going to use Chronicles Of Riddick Assault On Dark Athena which is (494707ee), replace the ID you found it HeX with the new ID. (Note you will find allot of the same ID's when your searching, only replace the ID that is next to the game name in text)

• Now what else is there to be done? Nothing, your done, just rehash your profile using Modio (Modio can now rehash profiles) then put it back onto your device, then sign into Xbox Live, wait about 10 seconds, then everything will update.

14. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Hold up. Did you pay or is it leaked? Link plz. :biggrin:

15. qb reSync dp

qb reSync dp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have a friend who cracked it himself(GT: Rile5, and I do believe he is on this forum?)
    He has promised to give it to me but I have not been able to get in contact with him yet, if I do I will PM you link, 'ight?

16. OP
    Jessiah331

Jessiah331 Getting There

Ratings:
    That's pretty sweet. I'm hexing achievements for games that I HAVE played, trying to find out a little bit more about the process...

17. Cameron

Cameron Audiophile

Ratings:
    I hope people can figure this stuff out. It would be pretty cool. I'm not very good at it, so I don't know if I could be of any help.

18. Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good luck on this guys, think of all the help you could give. :thumbup:

19. moussamo

moussamo Newbie

Ratings:
  20. JizzaBeez

JizzaBeez Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Read this post. (I updated my older one)