Easy way to get to rank 5 (Requires standby)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by F4x, Jan 1, 2009 with 5 replies and 1,190 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F4x

F4x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is the method that I used to get my rank 5 and it does work every time. It may take a bit unless you know how to bridge or force host, but it's not needed.

Here's the method:
    Go into the matchmaking lobby and invite a friend to your party. Once they join, go to wingman and begin searching for a match. Once you connect to a match, you need to check host. To do this, during the screen where players decide on which games to play and which map to play on, press the standby button as soon as you see the timer counting down. If the timer continues to go down on your screen, then that means you have host. If you hit the standby button, then the timer just stops, then you do not have host. Simply leave the lobby (sign out or go to the dashboard) and if you left before the game actually started, it won't count as a match played so you will not loose your rank. Be sure to leave before it takes you into the game itself though.

Obviously, once you have host, you can either standby the **** out of everyone, or you can do the invisible glitch and win that way.

Sometimes, it takes 5+ matches until you get host, you should eventually get it though so just keep trying.

If you are unclear on anything, either message me on xbl (GT: F4 Eternal) or just reply to this.

WARNING: STANDBYING CAN GET YOU BANNED. I've stanbyed in both gears 1 and gears 2 and have not been banned, but it is possible. Don't do this if you don't want to risk your account.

One last thing, when you press the standby button, press it, then let go of it, don't hold it down. Then look at the screen and just wait a second or two, if the timer continues to go down after you hit standby, press the standby button again to turn your router/modem back on. If you don't have it, tell your friend to quit out, then quit. Don't lollygag around.

I guess there's one more thing that I just remembered. It's better to be in a private chat rather than a party chat when standbying. If you are in a party chat, often times, when you standby, it will kick you from the chat. You stay in the chat if you are in a private chat.

2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:

or you can boost with me?

3. OP
    F4x

F4x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I don't boost other people unless I'm provided with an account + MS points.

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:

LOL HAHA I have 2 star accounts, and 2 ranks fours.... do you really think i'd pay you?

5. I Ju5t bLaZe I

I Ju5t bLaZe I Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hahhah your crazy man. just follow the host quit tut. rank up easier that way son

6. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    This is a pointless tutorial sorry, there's a tut just like this not that far from this on.

Closed.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.