Easy question, need answer quickly

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by xewkija, Jan 11, 2009 with 6 replies and 281 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xewkija

xewkija Newbie

Ratings:
    I know you can get a data transfer cable from xbox.com for free
    but i do not want to wait and im about to go out.

What kind of data transfer cable do i get? or what do i ask for?

does it have to be specificly for xbox 360 or one that plugs into a harddrive to computer?

im going to best buy so if someone could show me something that would be great

THANKS!

2. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    You call 1-800-for-my-xbox and tell them you bought a 120gb HDD from ebay and need the transfer kit. (you tell them you got it from ebay so they wont ask you for two serial numbers, just one). They will ask for sum basic info like your name , phone number , and mailing address and then they will ship one to you in about a week , give or take.

The cable looks like this

[​IMG]

And hooks up to your HDD like this

[​IMG]

And the usb end goes into your PC's usb port.

It also comes with a cd (which your not going to use if you are going to mod/gamesave with it.)

And don't mention anything to the tech support person about hooking it up to your computer. Because technically your not supposed too. Its meant to only be used on your 360 to transfer data from one HDD to another bigger HDD.

Also refer to this thread for FAQ and help.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-discussion/103418-free-xbox-transfer-cable-microsoft.html

3. OP
    xewkija

xewkija Newbie

Ratings:
    So using a cable wire that connects to the back of the xbox (where the Ethernet wire is) to the PC, wont work?

4. EnergiE

EnergiE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    no

5. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    If you mean a crossover cable then no. The only way to access files on the HDD is by Xport, Xsata, or the M$ transfer cable.

6. iM x Omar

iM x Omar Banned

Ratings:
    i recommend M$ transfer cable, xport is alright too but cable is better

7. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Oh, and don't mention anything about connecting your HDD up to your computer. It's not it's intended use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.