[Easy] Learn to Drop Shot

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by x u uber ugly x, Feb 3, 2010 with 23 replies and 1,697 views.

1. x u uber ugly x

x u uber ugly x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay so I was bored and just decided to write this quick tutorial. Post comments below if I need to add/drop anything.

Learn To Drop Shot

1. I would recommend switching your button layout to Tactical. This makes it much easier to lay down while shooting. It is a much more natural motion. This is NOT required but RECOMMENDED.

2. Okay, now for the real stuff. Start shooting, about a millisecond later start to hold down your Right Joystick and aim in. (B if you are using Default button layout still.) You should practice this first in a private match just so you get used to it.​

Quick Tips

1. When switching to Tactical button layout, it might take some time to get used to. But if you can't use it right away don't just switch back to default. Try using tactical some more and you will like it.

2. When going prone (laying down) I usually keep holding the Right Joystick even when I go all the way down because when I let go sometimes I stop when I am crouching.

3. If you are planning to drop shot with a Single or Burst gun you will need a lot more practice (Ex: Fal, Sniper, M16, Famas, Pistols, etc.)

For all the Haters out there. Don't be trolls and rip on my tut. I know this was for beginners but thought it might help some people out.

Thank me if the tut helped. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mikey99

Mikey99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's funny because i learned to shoot and drop before I ever heard of dropshotting.. And then people were calling me a dropshotter, and then i finally found out what it was.. haha. It's really easy.. prone while shoot... thats about it.

3. havoc exe

havoc exe Enthusiast

Ratings:
    this might be a stupid question but does this really help? I don't seem to have too much trouble killing people who dropshot. I tried doing it too and it just seems like a pain to do everytime. I guess its just a matter of getting used to it.

4. JaxJags

JaxJags Contributor

Ratings:
    It is a lot less effective in MW2. In COD4, drop-shotting was a lot more effective.

5. OP
    x u uber ugly x

x u uber ugly x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It may not make too much of a difference. But sometimes it makes the difference between life or death. If it seems uncomfortable now then just keep doing it and it will seem more natural.

6. Artic

Artic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    tl;dr Lay down and then shoot

7. Soul Syrtic

Soul Syrtic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    or you could just go to youtube and type in the search bar "How to no-scope in MW2":thumbup:

8. Artic

Artic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I can tell you right now: aim and shoot

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soul Syrtic

Soul Syrtic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah I already know, lol this is just a pointless thread.

10. gh0st3

gh0st3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, actually it's dropping and shooting.

@OP This is just a failure of a "tutorial", because I think it's obvious how to drop shot.

11. Brychu

Brychu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Don't rag on the guy, he even included stuff such as switching to tactical like all good players. Its not "obvious" to everyone, just like how people still think FMJ adds damage.

Thumbs up OP!

12. Jerry

Jerry #StraightCisPride Retired

Ratings:
  13. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Enthusiast

Ratings:
    DropShotting is a very tactical way too win. I use it and all the top players do aswell :w00t: Trust me it works.

14. projectomega

projectomega Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it worked better in cod 4, best in WaW. it still works it's just harder to do as guns can often kill you faster i find in this one, but it can easily help, and a lot of people get mad when you do it and it's funny :smile:

15. Unced

Unced Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Come on people who dropshot to get kills suck :thumbdown:

16. Monster Travis

Monster Travis Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dropshotting was more effective in COD4 and WaW, but I still do it in MW2.

17. Welthas

Welthas Enthusiast

Ratings:
    /vouch

18. Konner

Konner Enthusiast

Ratings:
    People that try and stay alive suck?

19. Givesmewings8

Givesmewings8 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thats because noobs spray more in mw2 =/ and yes dropshot does help. There are many times where its saved my killstreak

20. Saiyan

Saiyan Member

Ratings:
    go over to rainbow six then come back and ***** about drop shotters.