What's new

Discussion Easy Guide to Left 4 Dead 2 allias's!

• Thread starter Jck0ed
  • Start date
  • Views 863
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jck0ed

Jck0ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, first off I know that there are many out there already, I'm just going to try to simplify it as much as I can so it doesn't confuse people to much, so here I go!

First off, whenever you post a allias for anyone to make, don't kill the page, use a simple code like this (Spoiler) TEXT (/Spoiler) But replace the ('s and )'s with ['s and ]'s

Okay, now that we got that down, here is an example of a good allias.

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

alias "tnk" "z_spawn Tank"
alias "wtch" " "z_spawn Witch"
alias "Jckey" "z_spawn Jockey"
alias "hnter" "z_spawn Hunter"
alias "smker" "z_spawn Smoker"
alias "sptter" "z_spawn Spitter"
alias "bmer" "z_spawn Boomer"
alias "chrger" z_"spawn Charger"
alias "comehere" "warp_far_survivor_here"
alias "Jmmy" "z_forcezombiemodelname common_male_jimmy;z_forcezombiemodel 1;z_spawn"
alias "Byebye" "ent_remove"
alias "MyWepSet" "give defibrillator;give chainsaw;give rifle_ak47"
alias "GodAmmoON" "God 1;sv_infinite_ammo 1"
alias "GodAmmoOFF" "God 0;infinite_ammo 0"
alias "heylookLaserBeams" "upgrade_add LASER_SIGHT"
alias "EVERYGUNANDWEP" "give smg;give smg_mp5;give smg_silenced;give rifle;give rifle_ak47;give rifle_desert;give rifle_sg552;give sniper_awp;give sniper_military;give sniper_scout;give hunting_rifle;give pistol;give pistol_magnum;give shotgun_chrome;give shotgun_spas;give autoshotgun;give pump_shotgun;give grenade_launcher;give baseball_bat;give chainsaw;give cricket_bat;give crowbar;give fireaxe;give katana; give electric_guitar"
alias "Freeasabird" "vocalize smartlook;noclip"
alias "Grenadesinbound" "give molotov;give pipe_bomb"
alias "NameVALVE" "name Valve"
alias "NameJOSH" "name Josh"
alias "NameNOOB" "name Noob"
alias "NameGTFO" "name GTFO"
alias "NameBILL" "name BillGates"

alias "default" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +set1; +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP +set2; impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack"

alias "+set1" "bind A_BUTTON tnk; bind B_BUTTON wtch; bind X_BUTTON Jckey; bind Y_BUTTON hnter; bind L_SHOULDER smker; bind BACK sptter; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 bmer; bind STICK2 chrger; bind RIGHT comehere; bind DOWN Jmmy; bind LEFT Byebye; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack"

alias "+set2" "bind A_BUTTON MyWepSet; bind B_BUTTON GodAmmoON; bind X_BUTTON GodAmmoOFF; bind Y_BUTTON heylookLaserBeams; bind L_SHOULDER EVERYGUNANDWEP; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 Freeasabird; bind STICK2 Grenadesinbound; bind RIGHT NameVALVE; bind DOWN NameJOSH; bind LEFT NameNOOB; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER NameGTFO; bind R_TRIGGER NameBILL"

alias "-set1" "default"
alias "-set2" "default"

bind "R_SHOULDER" "+set1"
bind "UP" "+set2"
bind "S1_DOWN" "+menuDown"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
joy_cfg_preset "0"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
joy_pitchsensitivity "-0.8"
joy_yawsensitivity "-2.25"
option_duck_method "1"

Now, to make this you first have to start out with the top part that activates the whole thing, without it this won't work.

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

Now, after you have that on top, find out all of the codes you want!

You don't have to worry about binds yet, just get all of the codes you want for each button, you may have to edit this later if you don't have enough for each button.

Now, say I just want one set to spawn Hunters and Witches, and then another set to Change my name to Bill Gates and spawn a Tank.

You Should do this,

alias "Hnter" "z_spawn Hunter"
alias "wtch" "z_spawn Witch"
alias "BillG" "name BillGates"

Okay, now you should have

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

"NOTE" When You enter these in to the binds, you must spell it exactly like how to spelled it there, but you cannot use a name already into the game, for example tank can be tnk and witch can be wtch.

Now, you have to make a default setting with the 2 buttons you want for the sets of mods binded into a button, for example if I want Set1 and Set2 with Set1 for RB and Set2 as Up on DPAD, you could do something like this.

alias "default" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +set1; +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP +set2; impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack"

You should now have
unbind all
sv_cheats 1

Do not use the normal binding, if you do a code and you want to go to the next part, just go for example, "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind B_BUTTON

as you can see, I separated the binds with a simple ;

Now, when you enter in your codes for the binds, you won't go z_spawn Witch, you will use the alias you made earlier, witch is "wtch", so if you bind a button it would be "bind A_BUTTON wtch;" So, if I wanted my hunter as A and wtch as B, my coding would look like this

alias "set1" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept;Hnter; bind B_BUTTON +reload;wtch; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack

and then set 2 to have a set my name to bill gates and b spawn tank, I would do this

alias "set2" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept;BillG; bind B_BUTTON +reload;tnk; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack

So Now I should have

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

alias "set1" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept;Hnter; bind B_BUTTON +reload;wtch; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack

alias "set2" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept;BillG; bind B_BUTTON +reload;tnk; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack

Okay, now lastly is the simple ending!

First, have this, but replace "-set1" and "-set2" with whatever your names are, the - means if you don't hold down the button for that, it will go to defualt.

alias "-set1" "default"
alias "-set2" "default"

Next, you want

bind "UP" "+set2"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
joy_cfg_preset "0"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
option_duck_method "1"

But Replace the "R_SHOULDER" "+set1"

And "UP" "+set2" with your names for the sets (With + Behind!) and the UP and R_SHOULDER for whatever your button is.

Now, Your final product should be,

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

alias "-set1" "default"
alias "-set2" "default"

bind "UP" "+set2"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
joy_cfg_preset "0"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
option_duck_method "1"

Hope I helped, I don't know if it was confusing or not, I hope not :S

Thanks are appreciated if I helped :biggrin:

V

Vysse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
not that i dont think the effort is bad i just think to many of these tutorials will confuse people...

Jck0ed

Jck0ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, this is the way I do it, I just wanted to show people.

V

Vysse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
meh np i hope it teaches sum1 who couldnt learn form w0lfs or my tutorial

P

ProjectPat

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, it helped me as I didn't see any other tutorials lol and I didn't know what this was about until I read it and actually this is what I've been trying to figure out the whole time lol. How to get different button sets, now I just need to finally make a file and figure this whole thing out.

Vysse you should of directed me to one of these :tongue: never mind the messages then, I think I can figure this out now, anyway thanks again for the help

Jck0ed

Jck0ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No problem mate, if you do get a save then cool : D

M V P

M V P

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jck0ed said:

Gotta say I love your signature :wink:

But anyway why does my user settings file come up like this in valve editor?

Valveeditor.jpg

Jck0ed

Jck0ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I do not know, I don't mod files I make codes for gamesaves... Well I do mod but not l4d as I don't have Valhalla, overpriced for me but whatever.

Coffee

Coffee

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
M V P said:
Gotta say I love your signature :wink:

But anyway why does my user settings file come up like this in valve editor?

Valveeditor.jpg
L4D2 usersettings are encrypted.

Jck0ed

Jck0ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I guess that's why!

Btw nice name Coffee :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom