Easy Drive Spoof with Jungleflasher

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by TORO, Jul 24, 2009 with 15 replies and 40,143 views.

1. TORO

TORO Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First open up JF and load in the Original firmware you want to spoof. In this i spoofed a Hitachi 79 as a Samsung MS28.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Hitachi you want to take note in where the Key is located this 79 is at 0x4C30.
    Now click save key and save it somewhere just for temp.

[​IMG]

Now Load in your ixtreme hitachi firmware. (remember the key location)

[​IMG]

Now click on Manual spoofing.

[​IMG]

Select load key.bin and select the key.bin file you saved in step 2.
    Select the drive you want to spoof your firmware as in my case i want it to be a Samsung MS28.

[​IMG]

Now you have your firmware spoofed and hacked. Now you can either save it and use the DOS method of flashing your drive or flash it within JF like you would any other Hitachi firmware.

Hopefully this will help with some people thinking they have to open up an original firmware in order to spoof to that drive type. This way you can spoof the firmware and have it hacked at the same time.

2. xPropellorheadx

xPropellorheadx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have a Sata card and two samsung drives (one is a ms28 and the other is a ms25)...
    I am having problems with this because my computer isn't recognizing the drives...I also cant figure out how to find the dvd key of the broken drive (ms28) and spoof it to the other samsung drive (ms25)... I have Jungleflash and other programs..

3. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You can skip the manual part and just click spoof source to target. It will automatically change the drive response if need be.

4. elguluso

elguluso Newbie

Ratings:
    will this work to spoof a benQ into a samsung ms28?

5. EclipseModz

Ratings:
  6. elguluso

elguluso Newbie

Ratings:
  7. genkisudo

genkisudo Newbie

Ratings:
    can i just spoof the drive without tampering with the firmware???

8. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    yes

Just use
    Old drives stock firmware as source
    New drives stock firmware as target
    Spoof and save to harddrive.
    Flash to drive.

9. zzjjzz

zzjjzz Newbie

Ratings:
    :thumbup: thank youuuuuuuuuu :wink:

10. unexis03

unexis03 Newbie

Ratings:
    A friend I've mine followed what I believe to be the procedure described in your post, but seemingly bricked his drive which he has now lent to me to see if I can do anything about it.
    It's a Hitachi 79fl spoofed as, I'm assuming, a Sammy ms28.
    How would I go about things if I wanted to reverse the procedure above?
    or
    Disregarding the possible bricking, how would one reverse the procedure above with a successful result.

Also, I do not have the original drive key/firmware/bin yet. I have to wait till I see him next to get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. What is gained from spoofing a drive into another?

11. h34dhun73r

h34dhun73r Newbie

Ratings:
    Question, I have done spoofs before but I was wondering If I could take a modded drive I have that was in my old xbox when it was banned and spoof it for another xbox360 that is unbanned? would this new xbox still be banned? the reason I ask is my new drive is a hitatchi and the old/banned is a liteon. there currently is no Ixtreme lt out for hitatchi and I could read the hitatchi key, spoof the liteon as the hitatchi, but I don't want to do this if I will still be banned.

Thanks ahead of time for any help / answers

12. larry567

larry567 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what exact cords and wires do i need to hookup a disk drive to my computer?

13. Atma

Atma Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi, Sorry I have stupid question... I have a Hitachi which one I want to replace with the samsung. Because there is this new LT firmware. What exactly happen when I spoof my hitachi and replace with samsung? Does the samsung will have hitachi firmware or just key? Is the samsung better than hitachi? Thanks

14. kenson

kenson Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks for the procedure details..

15. Justinpiu

Justinpiu Newbie

Ratings:
    so are you switching to a Hitachi 79 to a Samsung MS28? Or the other way around?

16. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's because the example used in this tut is total BS.
    Doesn't it look weird he didn't actually flash the drive and has some pics to show it's flashed.

The reason you friends Hitachi bricked is because you can NOT spoof a stock Hitachi as different drive.
    A Hitachi Has to be flashed with Ixtrem FW in order to spoof it as a different drivetype.