What's new

Tutorial Easiest Way to Softmod An Original Xbox (USB Noob-Friendly)

• Thread starter Atlas
  • Start date
  • Views 202,071
Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Never got my chance to mess with original Xbox modding, but might I ask why you need a specific flash drive?
as the flash drive has to be formatted to FatX it must be a comparable USB because otherwise the xbox can not read it and format it for you

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was hoping to get nostalgic and use an old action replay setup to softmod my box again, but everyone I know can no longer find theirs so I may have to use this new method.

Just in case anyone was curious, you can still get a used og Xbox for only $20-$40.

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
you know this method i found just recently and im so glad that it uses the xplorer360 but i cant do the drag and drop thing :/ i have to make the folders in the program and then add each file manually, gets annoying after a while lol. is there a way i could fix this? im on win 8 64 bit version if that makes any difference

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
you know this method i found just recently and im so glad that it uses the xplorer360 but i cant do the drag and drop thing :/ i have to make the folders in the program and then add each file manually, gets annoying after a while lol. is there a way i could fix this? im on win 8 64 bit version if that makes any difference
Perhaps Windows 8 is what the issue is. I have been able to do this on Windows 7 and XP. Are you using the version of Xplorer360 I included in the download? Newer versions of Xplorer won't work well usually.

GH0ST_OP

GH0ST_OP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say the easiest way to softmod the xbox without the exploitable games is to hotswap the hdd while the console is booting up (unplug the ribbon cable at the right time so it unlocks it) then just load the softmod onto the hdd with a pc (using Ndure I believe).

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say the easiest way to softmod the xbox without the exploitable games is to hotswap the hdd while the console is booting up (unplug the ribbon cable at the right time so it unlocks it) then just load the softmod onto the hdd with a pc (using Ndure I believe).
unless that HDD is already locked to another system then your way will not work

Top Bottom
Login
Register