Tutorial EASIEST AND SAFEST Way To Flash iXtreme 1.51, 1.6 BENQ

• Thread starter tristincole07
  • Start date
  • Views 7,670
T

tristincole07

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks to Venomous Fire for the programs and codes i am goint to copy most but change some thing to make it easier for you to understand for BenQ iXtreme 1.5 1.51 1.6 1.61 and anything between.
What you need:
1.A BenQ drive

2.DosFlash 1.3b

Code:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

3.Your iXtreme Firmware files get these off Xbins and PATCH THEM TO YOUR FIRMWARE.... putting these on your drive without your drive key will result in a non working drive
AUTO-XBINS:

Code:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

4.PCI Sata card with VIA6421 chipset *you can find them off Ebay* that specific chipset isnt needed per se, BUT you DO want either VIA or NFORCE, or else it wont work.

5.USB flash drive

6.HP boot disk maker -
Code:
http://www.zshare.net/download/458271232ede9e/

7.Windows 98 boot files
Code:
zSHARE - win98boot.zip

8.The tools to open your 360!!!

TUTORIAL
Step 1:
Make your USB boot disk using the HP boot program and the windows 98 files

You can also make a boot disk with a floppy disc, but it isnt as reliable, so I wont go into it
Copy the contents from the DosFlash 16 folder into your root directory of the flash drive
Before you go any further, write down the port number for the first port of your Sata card, it will be the first port number in your device manager for it.

Step 2:

Open your 360 using any available guides, or contact me and I will walk you through it if you want personalized help

Step 3:
Power down your computer and connect the 360 drive to the first port on your sata card *On a PCI card this port is labeled 1 and is the one on the opposite end of the outside of the PCI slot*
Touch the metal cases of the 360 and computer to make sure it is grounded

Unplug all IDE and SATA cables from your computer other than the one going into your 360 to ensure you dont accidentally flash another item

Step 4:
Connect your USB drive and then, Boot up your computer and go into the boot menu, and boot from the USB drive.
Make sure your 360 has the cables plugged in, but AV doesnt have to go anywhere

When you get into dos it should look something like this:

Run the DosFlash command to read the original firmware
Quote:
[FONT=&quot]DosFlash r (port #) 1 a0 1 4 c:/orig.bin 0

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note, you might need to use drive A, mine uses C, but the person who took the pictures needed A, just try C, and if that doesnt write correctly, use A[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Answer Y to the next question[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prop your 360 faceplate like it was on the 360, and turn on the 360 for 5 seconds, if it doesnt begin reading, turn it off for 5 seconds, then turn it on and repeat until it reads the firmware, might take 5+ tries[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Turn off computer and 360 and plug your IDE/Sata cables back in, and boot back into xp[/FONT]

Step 5:
[FONT=&quot]Find the firmware file on your USB drive, it will be called *Orig.bin* Make sure this file is 256kb..If its any smaller or any larger go re-read the firmware until you get a 256kb sized one. Back it up, now back it up in a new folder, then back it up in anther folder, then upload it to rapidshare, then put it onto another computerYou get the idea? MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LOSE THAT FILE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
To make your iXtreme firmware follow this tutorial.

How to make iXtreme 1.5 firmware using FIRMTOOL
[/FONT]
THIS WILL WORK FOR ANY FIRWARE!!! NOT JUST 1.5
Make sure to put ix16.bin on the root of your usb drive

[FONT=&quot]Turn off your computer and get it set u for the 360 again *unplug IDE/Sata cables and hook 360 into the sata card, then boot off your USB drive again[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Run the erase command for DosFlash,
Quote:
C:>DosFlash e (port #) 1 a0 1 4 D8 0

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Answer Y to the question, and then power the 360 on for 5 seconds, and if it doesnt begin erasing turn it off, wait, and turn it back on, it should erase after like, 2-3 tried max[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Shut down 360 and computer, and reboot computer into Dos again[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Use the command to write your firmware
Quote:
C:>DosFlash w (port #) 1 a0 1 4 c:/ix15.bin 0

remember the ix14.bin will be ix15.bin if you are using iXtreme 1.5 which you SHOULD be using
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Answer Y to the next question and turn on the 360, it should write on the first try, but shuldnt take more than 3 ever, if it does, shut off computer, check connections, and try again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Shut down computer and 360[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Disconnect 360 from computer and reconnect all original computer connections[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Re-assemble computer and 360[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plug 360 into your TV and turn it on, insert a backup and enjoy :smile:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the file does not have a link, odds are it is on Xbins[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Need a cheap xbox opening kit? Go to radioshack, I got mine there, its a full on toolkil that has skinny screwdrivers for popping open the case clips and the torx screwdrivers to open almost any system lol, its the perfect toolkit and was only $12, about the price of a 360 opening kit.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

T

Tbomb23

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was going to be a new IXtreme firmware for BenQ drives that was once again going to be stealth to Xbox Live? Is there any developments of new firmware so that I can re-mod my system and not get console banned? Please let me know if you know anything. Thanks.:?

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tbomb23 said:
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was going to be a new IXtreme firmware for BenQ drives that was once again going to be stealth to Xbox Live? Is there any developments of new firmware so that I can re-mod my system and not get console banned? Please let me know if you know anything. Thanks.:?

Yes, TeamJungle stated a few weeks ago that they were almost complete the BenQ LT Firmware. Just last week they said they were finished, and are currently debugging and testing the firmware.

Team Jungle (TeamJungle) on Twitter

M

Matermine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tbomb23 said:

Nice bump. This is so outdated.

T

Tbomb23

Reaction score
Sin$
vX Fatality Xv said:
Yes, TeamJungle stated a few weeks ago that they were almost complete the BenQ LT Firmware. Just last week they said they were finished, and are currently debugging and testing the firmware.

Team Jungle (TeamJungle) on Twitter

Okay great, and currently, if I'm not mistaken, the Lite-On iXtreme LT is working correct?

Top Bottom
Login
Register