What's new

Tutorial Easier performance unlocks using iFruit

H

Hard_NOP_Life

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Guys,

I've got an improved/easier method for performance upgrades based on the tutorial in this thread

If all you want is performance upgrades and don't need to skirt the unlock system for aesthetic upgrades this method should be much simpler and quicker. The only requirement is the iFruit app and the ability to set a proxy.

Steps:
  • Once app is installed, set the proxy on your device to turbo.jaycrumb.me, port 8228
  • Select your desired online car, and change the plate
  • Press order, and you should recieve an in game notification shortly to go pick up the order at LS customs
  • Fulfill the order and you will have full performance upgrades
  • Remove the proxy from your device
Troubleshooting
If you don't receive a notification after a couple minutes, there may have been a problem processing your order. This happens most often when using the app for the first time. Turn off the proxy, change a plate on one of your cars first and after that order goes through, turn it back on and change again.

For technical details and to view the source for this proxy, head over to [Click here to view this link]. This has been tested as working with the new patch that happened April 28th.

All of the upgrades will still show as locked in game and in the app. The order should be around 100-200k depending on the car. To confirm that it worked after you buy, turn off the in game radio and drive around, you should hear the turbo noises coming from your car (a whoosh type noise when it upshifts is the most obvious)

I've also posted this to reddit, a lot of questions have been answered there already. Bug reports/pull requests are welcome if you have any improvements! Thanks!

AkimboNoob

AkimboNoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wouldn't this then give you access to peoples social accounts with visible username and password......

H

Hard_NOP_Life

Reaction score
Sin$
User name I can see because it's included in the request body, but the password is sent over https at login, so no. The source and build instructions are available over on github, if you're concerned about it.

AnneFrankFantasies

AnneFrankFantasies

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Guys,

I've got an improved/easier method for performance upgrades based on the tutorial in this thread

If all you want is performance upgrades and don't need to skirt the unlock system for aesthetic upgrades this method should be much simpler and quicker. The only requirement is the iFruit app and the ability to set a proxy.

Steps:
  • Once app is installed, set the proxy on your device to turbo.jaycrumb.me, port 8228
  • Select your desired online car, and change the plate
  • Press order, and you should recieve an in game notification shortly to go pick up the order at LS customs
  • Fulfill the order and you will have full performance upgrades
  • Remove the proxy from your device
Troubleshooting
If you don't receive a notification after a couple minutes, there may have been a problem processing your order. This happens most often when using the app for the first time. Turn off the proxy, change a plate on one of your cars first and after that order goes through, turn it back on and change again.

For technical details and to view the source for this proxy, head over to [Click here to view this link]. This has been tested as working with the new patch that happened April 28th.

All of the upgrades will still show as locked in game and in the app. The order should be around 100-200k depending on the car. To confirm that it worked after you buy, turn off the in game radio and drive around, you should hear the turbo noises coming from your car (a whoosh type noise when it upshifts is the most obvious)

I've also posted this to reddit, a lot of questions have been answered there already. Bug reports/pull requests are welcome if you have any improvements! Thanks!

V

V7X3

Worship the Digital Age
Reaction score
Sin$
User name I can see because it's included in the request body, but the password is sent over https at login, so no. The source and build instructions are available over on github, if you're concerned about it.
Hope you realize you can use the self-generated Charles Certificate to view any/all HTTPS traffic.

Sailor V

Sailor V

Champion of Justice
Reaction score
Sin$
How would this work if they patched locked upgrades?

Top Bottom
Login
Register