What's new

Discussion Early copy? Play time!

N

Nagato

Se7enAddict
Reaction score
Apparently if you have an early physical copy of the game, after installing an update, you can play the game. I have the digital version. RIP

Last edited:
E

Extinct

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
So physical copies can play early as usual but digital can't. GG. Where's a physical copy when you need one.

N

Nagato

Se7enAddict
Reaction score
So physical copies can play early as usual but digital can't. GG. Where's a physical copy when you need one.
I got the digital version of BO4. The idea was so I could play it straight away on release. WELL, the people who got the game early (6-8pm) could play the game before 12am. And then was me, someone who got the digital version fully installed and what do I find... the game is still locked until 1am. I hope this won't be a repeat with MW.

E

Extinct

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I got the digital version of BO4. The idea was so I could play it straight away on release. WELL, the people who got the game early (6-8pm) could play the game before 12am. And then was me, someone who got the digital version fully installed and what do I find... the game is still locked until 1am. I hope this won't be a repeat with MW.
Oh f*** you're right, that did happen... It says it should be available at 9PM EDT so we should be good with digital.

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
This happened with Black Ops 4 too.
Nothing new about it.

G

GUNMAN683

Gun Game Ownage
Reaction score
Apparently if you have an early physical copy of the game, after installing an update, you can play the game. I have the digital version. RIP
Is this for PC? I just pre downloaded it and checked the files they don't provide you a .exe to launch the game without battlenet like the beta did. So maybe the physical copy gives you the .exe

N

Nagato

Se7enAddict
Reaction score
Is this for PC? I just pre downloaded it and checked the files they don't provide you a .exe to launch the game without battlenet like the beta did. So maybe the physical copy gives you the .exe
No, console. Not digital. That said, if you know what you're doing, you can find out the end cut scene in the campaign.

Oh f*** you're right, that did happen... It says it should be available at 9PM EDT so we should be good with digital.
Just checked. The game will unlock (PS4) 12:30-1am my time. AGAIN. :frown:

E

Extinct

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
No, console. Not digital. That said, if you know what you're doing, you can find out the end cut scene in the campaign.

Just checked. The game will unlock (PS4) 12:30-1am my time. AGAIN. :frown:
You're probably better off getting physical then. That sucks, it should just go live at the same time.

V

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Reaction score
Lucky ***, already ahead of the game.

Z

zac12995

Getting There
Reaction score

Just a little glitch if you haven’t heard.. if you change your time zone to New Zealand you can usually download/play games before they’re released :smile:. Played gears 5 like 10 hours early from that ****!

E

Extinct

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Just a little glitch if you haven’t heard.. if you change your time zone to New Zealand you can usually download/play games before they’re released :smile:. Played gears 5 like 10 hours early from that ****!
Yeah I've been doing that since the 360 days. Did it for Modern Warfare as well. But last game I tried it for didn't work for some reason.

Top Bottom