What's new

Discussion EA Paying YouTubers To Promote Their Own Games

• Thread starter Captain Kenya
  • Start date
  • Views 265

Which store would you "spend the night" at?

• Best Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****'s Sporting Goods

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Captain Kenya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EA was caught paying YouTube channels under the table for coverage of EA games. A post on NeoGAF includes screenshots of EA guidelines that YouTube channels have to follow in order to be paid. EA was paying $10 CPM ($10 per 1,000 views). These games including: Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Madden 25, FIFA 14, NHL 14, and Plants vs. Zombies 2 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

This is some BS:mad:

W

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Reaction score
**** I'd play it if they payed me, even though i still play NFS and Battlefield 3 on PC.

C

Crash

Maniac
Reaction score
Millions of companies do this all the time, just look at some of the TV shows advertising the crap out of a product.

Z

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Reaction score
As long as they weren't telling the video producers to not add a disclaimer, what's the issue?

C

Captain Kenya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** I'd play it if they payed me, even though i still play NFS and Battlefield 3 on PC.
I would too, if I liked the games I'm promoting 
Millions of companies do this all the time, just look at some of the TV shows advertising the crap out of a product.
they're starting to use youtubers to promote. I hope YT doesn't become like TV 
As long as they weren't telling the video producers to not add a disclaimer, what's the issue?
The only problem I have with it is YouTubers lying to get paid, if they don't like the game. They're also getting paid to hide glitches. I don't have a problem with them getting paid(I'm actually kind of jealous) but lying is the problem.

Top Bottom